Types of Long Term Disabilities (LTD)
Common Types of Long Term Disabilities
When you are unable to work, it can be difficult to pay the bills and support your loved ones. For this reason, many employers provide long-term disability (LTD) insurance to employees. You may also have your own private LTD insurance. These types of insurance can help you if your disability keeps you from working.
There are a wide range of conditions, illnesses and disabilities that qualify for long term disability (LTD) coverage. At the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our attorneys can help you determine if you qualify, file a claim with the insurance company and appeal any denied claims.
Disabilities and LTD Coverage
Whether your disability, illness or condition qualifies for long-term disability coverage, will depend on your policy or plan documents. Throughout our years of practice, we have helped clients obtain LTD coverage who suffer from:
- Fibromyalgia and chronic pain
- Lung disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Back injuries or degenerative back conditions
- Multiple sclerosis
- Lyme disease
- Autoimmune disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Depression, anxiety and panic disorders
- Hearing loss and deafness
- Vision loss and blindness
- Parkinson’s Disease
There are two sets of laws that govern LTD insurance issues. If you are covered under your employer’s policy, ERISA usually applies. If you have your own private LTD insurance, then state law usually applies. We have an in-depth understanding of these laws and can provide you with knowledgeable and experienced advocacy at every stage of your claim.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- How Does Long-Term Disability Work With Social Security Disability?
- Independent Medical Exams (IME) for Long-Term Disability Claims
- Filing Deadlines for ERISA-Governed Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims
- Long-Term Disability Policies: Definition of Disability
- What Is Disability Insurance?
- What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
- Life Insurance Claim Denials
- Why do insurers deny long-term disability claims?
- My Doctor Says I’m Disabled. Doesn’t the Insurance Company Have to Approve My LTD Claim?
Share this Post