Common Types of Long Term Disabilities
When you are unable to work, it can be difficult to pay the bills and support your loved ones. For this reason, many employers provide long-term disability (LTD) insurance to employees. You may also have your own private LTD insurance. These types of insurance can help you if your disability keeps you from working.
There are a wide range of conditions, illnesses and disabilities that qualify for long term disability (LTD) coverage. At the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our attorneys can help you determine if you qualify, file a claim with the insurance company and appeal any denied claims.
Disabilities and LTD Coverage
Whether your disability, illness or condition qualifies for long-term disability coverage, will depend on your policy or plan documents. Throughout our years of practice, we have helped clients obtain LTD coverage who suffer from:
- Fibromyalgia and chronic pain
- Lung disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Back injuries or degenerative back conditions
- Multiple sclerosis
- Lyme disease
- Autoimmune disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Depression, anxiety and panic disorders
- Hearing loss and deafness
- Vision loss and blindness
- Parkinson’s Disease
There are two sets of laws that govern LTD insurance issues. If you are covered under your employer’s policy, ERISA usually applies. If you have your own private LTD insurance, then state law usually applies. We have an in-depth understanding of these laws and can provide you with knowledgeable and experienced advocacy at every stage of your claim.
« Return to the ERISA & Insurance Litigation Resource Center
- Can ERISA Lawyers Deal With My Insurance Company For Me?
- How Can I Get Advice for Dealing With My ERISA LTD Insurance?
- Do You Have Disability Insurance Coverage?
- What Is Disability Insurance?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »