The law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD awards an annual $1,500 scholarship to the child of a veteran of the U.S. armed forces. The Undergraduate Scholarship for Veterans is now open.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Application for this scholarship is open to any student who meets the following criteria:
- The legal child (natural or adoptive) of a veteran of any branch of U.S. military service (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard) who is either a:
- High school senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. or
- Student currently attending or enrolled in an accredited community college or undergraduate degree program with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
HOW DO I APPLY?
We strongly encourage any student who meets the above criteria to apply for the Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Child of an American Veteran Scholarship. To apply, fill out the form below and submit the following information.
- Completed scholarship application. Fill out the form on this page.
- Proof of parent’s veteran status. If submitting a document with any sensitive information (e.g., SSN), please submit a redacted copy. One of the following examples can serve as proof of veteran status:
- VA disability benefits summary letter
- Military discharge certificate
- Current transcript.
- If currently enrolled in college, submit a transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- It not currently enrolled in college, submit a current high school transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher AND a copy of the college/university acceptance letter proving intent to enroll.
- 500-word essay. (maximum) Please answer one of the following prompts:
- How did growing up in a military family inspire your education and career aspirations?
- What advice would you give to a younger child growing up in a military family?
- What do you believe is the single most important thing our society can do to help veterans and their families?
Applications must comply with all instructions as well as the Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
The deadline to submit your application for the 2022 Child of an American Veteran Scholarship is December 15, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
The scholarship committee will review complete applications. We will notify the winner via e-mail or phone.
*This page contains the complete information available for the 2022 Child of an American Veteran Scholarship from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD. By applying, you agree that you have read the Terms & Conditions and all instructions thoroughly, and that you agree to everything therein. Only one application per student will be accepted. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. In the interest of a fair and impartial selection, we will not be able to accept any individual contact or answer any questions about the scholarship or the application process. All decisions are final.