Scholarship Terms & Conditions
The Child of an American Veteran Scholarship and the Law School Scholarship for Veterans (Scholarships) are each awarded annually by Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD.
The Child of an American Veteran Scholarship is available only to U.S. students who are:
- The legal children (natural or adoptive) of a disabled veteran of any branch of U.S. military service who are either:
- High school seniors;or
- Students who are currently attending or enrolled in an accredited community college or undergraduate degree program.
- Have a current, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
The Law School Scholarship for Veterans is available only to U.S. students who are:
- A veteran of any United States military branch (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard); and
- Currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. law school or who are accepted to an accredited U.S. law school. Applicants must be pursuing a juris doctorate (JD) degree.
Applicants must be at least 17 years old at time of enrollment in college or university and either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident. Employees or the children of employees of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD are not eligible.
A scholarship committee, the members of which will be chosen by Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, will evaluate applications. The committee alone will determine the winner of the Scholarships and all decisions are final.
Applications that are incomplete and those received after the submission deadline will not be considered.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
1. Employees or children of employees of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD.
2. Past recipients of the Law School Scholarship For Veterans
3. Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD. if he/she were to be awarded to scholarship.
4. Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision.
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD
The winners of the Scholarships will be named and notified in the early fall 2022. We apologize but, because of the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot answer any questions regarding your application status nor will we be able to provide individual notification to non-winners.
All application materials and information submitted to Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD become the property of the firm. Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties. We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the Scholarships, on the company’s website, in marketing materials, or in social media posts. By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.