If you live in Florida and served in the military, you might be entitled to disability benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA provides benefits to disabled veterans whose medical conditions resulted from their military service.
Unfortunately, filing for VA benefits can be challenging. A veteran (VA) disability lawyer serving Florida at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can help you navigate the vast complexities of the VA appeals process and build a strong and convincing case.
Florida VA Benefit Resources
Florida VA Regional Benefit Office
- Petersburg: St. Petersburg Regional Benefit Office
Florida VA Medical Centers
Malcom Randall VAMC, NF/SGVHS
Lake City VAMC, NF/SGVHS
Orlando VA Medical Center
Miami VA Healthcare System
James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital
James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital Primary Care Annex
|West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach VAMC
Florida VA Statistics
As of 2016, Florida has:
- More than 1.5 million veterans (nearly 10 percent of the state’s population).
- 331,000 veterans who receive VA disability.
- Over 725,000 veterans enrolled in the VA health care system (505,000 of whom have sought treatment at a VA health center).
Over half the veterans living in Florida are 65 or older. Almost 13 percent are military retirees.
How to Win VA Disability Benefits in Florida
If the VA denied your claim for benefits, you are not alone. The veteran advocates at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can help you put together a strong case for VA disability benefits. Our team of VA disability attorneys, VA practitioners, and accredited VA claims agents know what the VA is looking for. We understand what goes into a successful claim, starting with proving the following to be true:
- You have a current diagnosis of a disabling medical condition; and
- The condition is a result of an event, injury, or illness during your military service
The VA refers to this as “service connection,” and without it, the VA will not grant you disability benefits, no matter how severe your condition. For instance, we cannot simply claim that you have hearing loss from your military service. We must be able to establish a nexus, or link, between your hearing loss and an “in-service event.” For instance, we might argue that the loud and constant gun blasts to which you were exposed in combat caused your hearing loss.
The evidence we might gather to establish service connection includes your military records, medical history, and test results, as well as personal statements from your doctor or testimony from medical experts.
VA Disability Compensation Levels
Our top priority is always to get you the maximum amount of benefits to which you are rightfully entitled. First, we will help you obtain a grant of VA disability benefits. Next, we will review the VA’s rating decision to ensure you were granted the correct disability rating from the correct effective date. Your VA benefit amount depends on your disability rating, a number assigned by the VA based on the severity of your condition. It can range from 0 to 100 percent, with a 0 percent rating qualifying you only for ancillary benefits such as health care, and not for monthly compensation.
As of December 2018, you are eligible to receive the following veterans disability compensation amounts, depending on your VA disability rating:
- 10 percent disability rating: $140.05 per month
- 20 percent disability rating: $276.84 per month
- 30 percent disability rating: $428.83 per month
- 40 percent disability rating: $617.73 per month
- 50 percent disability rating: $879.36 per month
- 60 percent disability rating: $1,113.86 per month
- 70 percent disability rating: $1,403.71 per month
- 80 percent disability rating: $1,631.69 per month
- 90 percent disability rating: $1,833.62 per month
- 100 percent disability rating: $3,057.13 per month
If the VA issued you a rating of 30 percent or above, you are eligible for additional compensation for dependents in your household, such as your spouse, children, or dependent parents. If you have received what you think is an incorrect rating, we may be able to help you file an appeal for an increased VA disability rating.
How Can I Afford a Lawyer?
We know that you may not be able to afford any extra expenses right now. We offer free consultations to all veterans in Florida and operate on a contingency basis which means we do not receive a payment for our services unless we are able to get you the benefits you deserve.
For a Free Consultation with a VA Disability Lawyer Serving Florida, Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD at 800-544-9144.
Our veterans advocates are standing by, ready to help you fight for the disability benefits you rightfully earned in service to our country. We offer all veterans free consultations during which we will learn more about your situation and determine whether we might be able to help. Call us at 800-544-9144 today for your free consultation.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »