Law School Scholarship for Veterans
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD awards an annual $1,500 scholarship to a deserving veteran enrolled in or accepted to a U.S. law school. Veterans of all branches of the U.S. military are eligible to apply (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard). The 2022 Law School Scholarship for Veterans is now open and will be accepting applications until July 1st, 2023.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
This scholarship is open to veterans enrolled in an accredited U.S. law school or who are accepted to an accredited U.S. law school. Applicants must be pursuing a juris doctorate (JD) degree.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Completed application. Complete the form on this page.
- Proof of veteran status. If submitting a document that contains sensitive information like a Social Security number, please submit a redacted version. One of the following examples can serve as proof of veteran status:
- VA disability benefits summary letter
- Military discharge certificate
- Current transcript
- If currently enrolled in law school, submit law school transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- If not currently enrolled in law school, submit undergraduate transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher AND a copy of law school acceptance letter proving intent to enroll.
- 1000 word essay. (maximum) Please answer one of these essay prompts:
- How did your experience in the military inspire you in your education and career aspirations?
- How did your military experience prepare you for law school and a career practicing law?
Applications must comply with all instructions on this page and must agree to the Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
The deadline to submit applications for the 2023 Law School Scholarship for Veterans is July 1, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
The scholarship committee will review complete applications. We will notify the winner via e-mail or phone in early fall 2023.
Announcements about the previous winners of our scholarship can be found by clicking one of the links below:
- 2021: Christianna Golden
- 2022: Chandler Cole
*This page contains the complete information available for the 2022 Law School Scholarship for Veterans from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD. By applying, you agree that you have read the Terms & Conditions and all instructions thoroughly, and that you agree to everything therein. Only one application per student will be accepted. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. In the interest of a fair and impartial selection, we will not be able to accept any individual contact or answer any questions about the scholarship or the application process. All decisions are final.