Do You Have Disability Insurance Coverage?
You may have purchased disability coverage, or earned it as an employment benefit from work. If you purchased an individual disability policy, you have probably paid premiums for coverage on an ongoing basis until the disabling event or illness – monthly, quarterly, or annually. Review your financial records and checking accounts for evidence of these payments. If you find payments to an LTD insurance company, you might request a copy of your policy from the insurance company. If you are not sure whether your employer provides disability insurance coverage, you can ask your employer (ordinarily human resources or supervisor) for a copy of the Summary Plan Description (“SPD”) for each benefit and pension plan in which you participate. The SPD is intended to advise you of the basic rights and obligations that you have as a plan participant.
- VA Disability Ratings for Depression
- Social Security Disability (SSDI) vs. VA Disability Compensation
- Digital Neuritis and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- VA Disability Claims and Appeals Process Timeline
- Skin Disorders and Long-term Disability Benefits