You may have purchased disability coverage, or earned it as an employment benefit from work. If you purchased an individual disability policy, you have probably paid premiums for coverage on an ongoing basis until the disabling event or illness – monthly, quarterly, or annually. Review your financial records and checking accounts for evidence of these payments. If you find payments to an LTD insurance company, you might request a copy of your policy from the insurance company. If you are not sure whether your employer provides disability insurance coverage, you can ask your employer (ordinarily human resources or supervisor) for a copy of the Summary Plan Description (“SPD”) for each benefit and pension plan in which you participate. The SPD is intended to advise you of the basic rights and obligations that you have as a plan participant.« Return to the ERISA & Insurance Litigation Resource Center
- How Will I Pay for My ERISA Disability Lawyer?
- What Do You Do If Your Benefits Have Been Wrongly Denied?
- What is the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)?
- Do You Qualify for Long Term Disability Benefits?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »