Partnering with Disabled American Veterans and Harvard Law School
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick, in partnership with Disabled American Veterans, is a proud supporter of the Veterans Legal Clinic at the Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School. The successful program, which provides legal services for veterans in need in the Boston area, exemplifies CCK’s commitment to educating the next generation of veterans’ advocates.
CCK Helps Harvard Clinic Students Present Argument to U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
CCK co-supervised several Harvard Law School students who, on October 30, 2013, presented oral argument on behalf of a disabled Iraq and Afghanistan veteran before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims in the case of Ausmer v. Shinseki. Judges Kasold, Schoelen, and Greenberg also answered questions from the audience about veterans law as part of the Court’s educational outreach. In a precedential decision that will help thousands of veterans, the Court subsequently ruled in favor of Mr. Ausmer, tolling his deadline to appeal a VA decision that was issued while he was serving in Afghanistan.
Pictured Above: Harvard Law School Dean Martha Minnow, the Honorable Bruce Kasold, VA’s Richard Daley, CCK’s Robert Chisholm, Harvard Law School Professor Daniel Nagin, the Honorable Mary Schoelen, VA’s Michael Imber, CCK’s Zachary Stolz, the Honorable Judge Greenberg, Harvard Law School student Bradley Hinshelwood , Harvard Law School student Christopher Melendez, Harvard Law School student Juan Arguello, and CCK’s Scott Kilpatrick.
CCK at Harvard’s First Annual Disabled American Veterans Speaker Series
On November 24, 2014, CCK helped facilitate a lecture by VA Secretary Robert McDonald at Harvard Law School. Secretary McDonald, who discussed his strategies for improving VA’s health care services, was the inaugural speaker of the Disabled American Veterans Distinguished Speaker Series.
Pictured Above: CCK’s Scott Kilpatrick, CCK’s Zachary Stolz, VA Secretary McDonald, former DAV National Commander Alan Bowers, DAV Department of Massachusetts Adjutant Dan Stack, and CCK’s Robert Chisholm.
« Return to the Veterans' Resource Center
- I Received an Unfavorable Board Decision; What Should I Do?
- VA Disability Calculator
- What Can I Do to Make the VA Process Go Faster?
- What is a Decision Review Officer (DRO)?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »