VA Retro Disability Calculator
You Are Owed Approximately:
What is VA Disability Back Pay?
VA disability back pay is the monies owed to veterans from the effective date of their claim, to the date they were granted those benefits. Due to its backlog of disability compensation claims, VA can often take months or years to grant benefits. The longer VA takes to decide your claim, the more back pay it owes you to compensate you all the way back to your effective date. To calculate an estimate of your retroactive benefits, use our VA Disability Retro Calculator.
How Does VA Determine Effective Dates?
An effective date is the start date VA uses to begin payments. VA assigns effective dates based on the date it received the veteran’s claim, or the date that entitlement arose (e.g. date a veteran was diagnosed with the condition they are claiming).
How Much Back Pay Will I Receive?
The amount of back pay a veteran will receive depends on the effective date of their claim, and the disability rating they are granted from VA. As discussed, a veteran’s effective date is the date of their claim for benefits, or the date entitlement arose. The other factor that determines the amount of back pay you will receive is the disability rating granted by VA. Generally, the higher the rating, the more back pay VA owes you. The retroactive amount is paid to the veteran in a lump sum.
Our VA disability retro calculator is designed to help veterans estimate the amount of VA disability back pay they might be due based on the factors described above.
How Does the VA Disability Retro Calculator Work?
The VA disability retro calculator calculates your retroactive benefits by asking several straightforward questions. Veterans simply type in the answers to get an immediate estimate. The first question asks the veteran to enter the date on which he or she should have gotten a larger disability payment than was received. If there is a stop date to indicate a staged rating, the veteran enters that date in the following field. The VA disability retro calculator then asks the veteran to specify the benefit rate VA should have been paying at that time. Rating percentages, ranging from 0 to 100 in 10 percent increments, are presented in a drop-down list. Next, the calculator asks the veteran to indicate the benefit rate he or she was actually receiving. Answer choices are again presented in the above-mentioned drop-down list format.
The final questions ask about marital status along with the number of dependent parents and children, if any. Once completed, the veteran clicks “Submit” and the VA disability retro calculator displays an approximate dollar-figure amount he or she is owed in disability back pay.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Today: 800-544-9144
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD is devoted to helping veterans receive the VA disability benefits they deserve. The VA disability retro calculator is a quick and easy-to-use tool that aids in that process. Last year, CCK released the VA Disability Calculator, aimed at helping veterans determine their combined VA disability rating and monthly compensation. For a free case evaluation, call 800-544-9144 today.
To learn more about VA disability back pay and retro benefits check out our blog post or watch the video below:
- What is VA back pay, or retroactive pay?
- What is an effective date and how does it impact back pay?
- SPECIAL EFFECTIVE DATE SITUATIONS
- Filing a VA claim within one year of service
- Increased ratings and staged ratings
- VA rating reductions
- Changes in Veterans Law
- Nehmer claims for Agent Orange exposure
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (for surviving dependents)
- Clear and Unmistakable Error (CUE)
- How does VA calculate back pay?
- Is there a limit to the amount of back pay a veteran can receive?
- Compensation Offsets
- Retirement pay (or retired pay), separation pay or severance pay, VA pension
- Concurrent Receipt for retirement pay
- VA Pension offsets
- Appealing effective dates
- What if you disagree with your effective date?
- What kinds of evidence will you need?
Disclaimer: This calculator uses VA disability ratings and compensation amounts as of 1980. It does not account for historical compensation amounts prior to 1980. This calculator is intended to provide an estimate of your retroactive disability compensation. You should not rely on this calculator in your decision making or for your financial planning. This calculator does not provide legal advice, and is not a substitute for legal advice. We do not represent or guarantee that we will obtain the numbers shown in this calculator in your case.
- VA Disability Ratings for Vertigo
- Separation Pay & VA Disability Compensation
- Filing a Claim for VA Disability Benefits Under Appeals Reform
- 2018-2019 VA Disability Rate Pay Charts
- How to Increase VA Disability Rating from 70% to 100%
- What Benefits and Services Are Available for Veterans with PTSD?
- How Many Options Are There to Appeal a Disability Claims Decision in RAMP?
- How Can I Receive VA Disability Benefits After Burn Pit Exposure?
- Do I Qualify for Total Disability Based on Individual Unemployment?
- How Do I Calculate VA Disability Compensation & Benefits?
- VA Disability Benefits for Diabetes
- Top 5 VA Errors on Veterans’ Disability Claims
- VA Disability for Back Pain
- Veterans Benefits Amid COVID-19
- VA Disability For Knee Conditions And Pain
- Analogous Rating Definition
- Service-Connected Disability Definition
- VA Retroactive Benefits Definition
Share this Post