VA Retro Disability Calculator
When should you have gotten a larger disability payment than you received?
(Optional) Is there a stop date?
Leave empty to calculate until today's date
What was the benefit rate the VA should have been paying you on this date?
What was the benefit rate you were actually recieving on this date?
What was your marital status?
At this time did your spouse require Aid and Attendance(A/A)?
Number of dependent parents:
Number of dependent children under the age of 18:
Number of dependent children in school between the ages of 18 - 23:
You Are Owed Approximately:
Disclaimer: This calculator uses VA disability ratings and compensation amounts as of 1980. It does not account for historical compensation amounts prior to 1980. This calculator is intended to provide an estimate of your retroactive disability compensation. You should not rely on this calculator in your decision making or for your financial planning. This calculator does not provide legal advice, and is not a substitute for legal advice. We do not represent or guarantee that we will obtain the numbers shown in this calculator in your case.
To learn more about VA disability back pay and retro benefits check out our blog post or watch the video below:
- What is VA back pay, or retroactive pay?
- What is an effective date and how does it impact back pay?
- SPECIAL EFFECTIVE DATE SITUATIONS
- Filing a VA claim within one year of service
- Increased ratings and staged ratings
- VA rating reductions
- Changes in Veterans Law
- Nehmer claims for Agent Orange exposure
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (for surviving dependents)
- Clear and Unmistakable Error (CUE)
- How does VA calculate back pay?
- Is there a limit to the amount of back pay a veteran can receive?
- Compensation Offsets
- Retirement pay (or retired pay), separation pay or severance pay, VA pension
- Concurrent Receipt for retirement pay
- VA Pension offsets
- Appealing effective dates
- What if you disagree with your effective date?
- What kinds of evidence will you need?
- Is RAMP a Part of the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017?
- I Received an Unfavorable Board Decision; What Should I Do?
- How Many Vietnam Veterans Have Been Affected by Agent Orange?
- Am I Eligible for TDIU?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »