Bequest Management for Nonprofits & Charities
What is Bequest Management?
Bequests are gifts, including personal property or financial assets, that are made as part of a will or trust. A bequest can be to a single individual, or it can be a charitable bequest to a nonprofit organization, trust, or foundation.
For charities and non-profit organizations, planned giving represents a growing source of funding for their important work. Unfortunately, distributions to non-profits can often be delayed, inaccurate, or disputed. Therefore, it may be helpful to get an attorney involved to ensure your bequests are handled properly.
Learn more about CCK’s bequest management services.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD has a dedicated team of attorneys and professionals focused entirely on Bequest Management, with whom our clients work closely and get to know. Our team understands the importance of planned giving to non-profits and charities and is dedicated to fulfilling the wishes of your donors while maximizing your gifts and minimizing administrative costs and burdens.
At CCK, our bequest management practice focuses on the following:
- Facilitating the administration process, maximizing distributions, and protecting your bequest.
- Recognizing potential administration issues and developing proactive solutions.
- Your personalized service and access to case information.
- Maintaining donor relationships for current and future generations.
We believe that every charitable donor deserves to have their intentions respected, and followed, to insure prompt and full distribution of the intended funds or assets to the named charity.
Bequest Management in Three Phases
- Charity receives notice of bequest and forwards information to CCK.
- As the primary point of contact with the estate, CCK prepares and provides introductory materials to the estate with the charity’s information.
- All bequest data is tracked and managed via personalized bequest dashboard made available to the charity.
- CCK thoroughly reviews all legal documentation, including all wills, trusts, probate proceedings, accountings, tax returns, and receipt and releases.
Prompt Execution & Payment
- Estate sends distribution check directly to charity.
- Charity desposits check for immediate use to further charitable initiatives.
- Charity pays CCK 3% contingency fee.
To learn more, visit our Bequest Management website.