Getting Long-Term Disability (LTD) for Lung Disease
Although lung disease can be very debilitating, obtaining the long-term disability (LTD) benefits you need can often be more difficult than it should be. If you received a denial from your insurer, you have the option to appeal; however, it can be tough to fight back on your own.
The team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD knows how to take on insurance companies, and win. We have a lengthy track record of success for our clients. Let us put our experience to work for you. Call today for a free consultation with our LTD team: 401-331-6300.
Our Attorneys Gather Evidence and Pursue Your Long-Term Disability Appeal Aggressively
In many cases, the denial will be due to a lack of supporting evidence. We will obtain the insurance company’s claim file to determine what information you originally provided, and then offer further documentation to supplement your original batch of evidence.
This additional evidence could include, but is not limited to:
- X-rays (periodic x-rays to show the progression of your lung disorder)
- CT scans
- Sputum cytology
- Tissue samples
- Updated treatment records
- Physician reports
- Any new diagnoses
We Make Sure You Have Documented Any Debilitating Lung Disease Symptoms
Lung diseases and their symptoms can be disabling. However, an insurer may not grant you benefits if it does not have evidence of how disabling your symptoms are. These debilitating symptoms might include:
- Pain or tightness in the chest or ribs while breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of appetite
- Respiratory infections
- Weight loss
We can ask your doctor for his or her written opinion regarding how these symptoms affect you and your ability to continue working. If your doctor does not believe your symptoms are debilitating enough to qualify for LTD benefits, you may want to seek a second opinion. Always discuss your symptoms and how they are affecting you with your doctor to keep him or her up-to-date on any new or worsening symptoms.
We might also discuss your symptoms with a vocational expert to determine how your symptoms would limit your ability to work.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Today
The skilled disability attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD are prepared to take your case. During your free consultation, we will gather information about your situation and determine whether we can help you. Call today to speak with a member of our team: 401-331-6300.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- CCK LIVE: Effective Communication and Long-Term Disability Claims
- Own Occupation vs. Any Occupation Long Term Disability Insurance Policies
- Long-Term Disability Claims for Finance and Banking Professionals
- Getting Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Mechanical Back Pain
- Do You Have Disability Insurance Coverage?
- How Will I Pay for My ERISA Disability Lawyer?
- How Do You Learn More About Your Disability Insurance Coverage?
- What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
- Why do insurers deny long-term disability claims?
Share this Post