Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Lexington, MA
When you have a debilitating medical condition that prevents you from working, you must consider filing for long-term disability (LTD) benefits. However, this process can be overwhelming, time consuming, and complex.
This is not a process you need to do alone. A long-term disability lawyer serving Lexington, MA from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick is ready to assist you. Regardless of whether you are filing an initial claim or appealing a denial of benefits, you can call us today for a free consultation at 800-544-9144.
Why Is It Important to Contact an LTD Attorney When Filing a Claim in Lexington, MA?
The disability rate between 2015 and 2019 in Lexington, MA was 4.0 percent. While some claimants decide to handle long-term disability claims on their own, it is beneficial to contact a long-term disability attorney to help with the process.
Our team will thoroughly evaluate your LTD policy. Every long-term disability policy has a definition of disability. We will determine the best evidence to collect to strengthen your claim based on this definition. We believe you should not have to worry about collecting this evidence on your own, so we will collect it for you. We want you to focus on managing your health while we take care of the rest.
Additionally, there are typically two types of LTD policies: group policies and individual policies. A claimant buys individual policies directly from the insurance company, whereas group policies are provided by a claimant’s employer as part of a benefits package.
If you have group policy, it is governed by ERISA law, which comes with its own set of strict rules and regulations. An ERISA attorney understands the complexities of this law and how to navigate it. For example, under ERISA, no new evidence may be submitted after the appeal stage.
ERISA deadlines are strict. If a claimant misses a single deadline it could result in a denial of benefits. CCK will track all deadlines and ensure that your insurance company receives all documentation and evidence on time.
Our LTD Attorneys Will Gather Evidence to Demonstrate That You Meet the Definition of Disability
Medical records are the primary source of evidence that claimants submit as part of their claim; however, these records are rarely sufficient by themselves. Supplemental evidence is often necessary to strengthen a claim. Especially if you suffer from a severe medical condition like Crohn’s disease, you should gather compelling evidence from multiple sources. CCK utilizes a variety of supplemental evidence, such as:
- Specialized reports from treating physicians: A specialized report from your treating physician will highlight certain aspects of your condition that ordinary medical records do not. It is important to maintain an open dialogue with your doctors so that they may fully and accurately describe how your condition impacts your life. For example, if you were diagnosed with a severe medical condition, like leukemia, it is essential for medical experts to monitor your progress. A series of specialized reports from physicians can attest to the severity of your health condition and help you receive benefits for leukemia.
- Witness statements from family, friends, and coworkers: Often, your family, friends, and coworkers see firsthand how your condition affects you. Witness statements from your family and friends illustrate how your condition affects you at home. Witness statements from your coworkers illustrate how your condition impacts you at work. It can be more difficult to recover for mental health disorders, like bipolar disorder. However, witness testimonies can add great value to your case. Your loved ones and coworkers can build on the emotional impact of your claim by discussing shared experiences.
- Evaluations from outside experts: Sometimes it is necessary to supply your insurance company with additional medical and vocational evaluations. Outside experts can provide these objective, third-party evaluations for your claim. Such assessments may include functional capacity, neurophysiological, and vocational evaluations. For example, if you suffer from insomnia, an expert can conduct a series of tests to assess your cognitive abilities and motor skills. The results will reveal your condition’s impact on your daily activities.
CCK Can Alleviate the Stress of Dealing with the Insurance Company
Dealing with insurance companies is often difficult. Many of these companies prioritize their financial needs over their clients’ health needs. This often results in wrongful denials of claims. When you have a medical condition that impairs your ability to work, you do not want to have to deal with your insurer. You should be focused on your health.
CCK has over three decades of collective experience dealing with insurance companies. We know how these companies operate and we can act as a point of contact between you and your insurer so that you never have to directly deal with them. Moreover, we will track all deadlines so that your insurance company receives everything on time.
Further, our lawyers have experience helping clients from different industries file for benefits, including consultants. Self-employed individuals may find it more difficult to seek benefits for their disabilities. However, our legal team can help file claims for consultants from any industry.
Insurance companies do not like paying claimants. If they can find a reason to issue a denial or terminate benefits, they will. So, even if your initial claim is approved, the insurance company may continue to ask for updated information. If they do not receive this information, they may terminate your benefits. CCK can continue to represent you so that you may retain your hard-won long-term disability benefits.
Contact CCK Today for a Free Consultation Regarding Your Claim
If you have a medical condition that prevents you from working, you must consider filing for long-term disability benefits. A long-term disability insurance attorney can help you navigate this complex process.
Our legal team serves Lexington, MA and may be able to help you with your LTD claim. Whether you need to file an initial claim, appeal a denial of benefits, or litigate your claim, CCK is ready to fight for your benefits. Call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation concerning your claim.
Lexington Blog Posts
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims for Brain Surgeons
Medical professions are demanding jobs. This is especially true when you are a brain surgeon. Brain surgeons, also known as neurosurgeons, are some of the most highly trained and specialized medical professionals. Over a decade’s worth of schooling and training is necessary to become one, so the prospect of not being able to work because […]
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims for Psychologists
If you are currently suffering from a condition that prevents you working as a psychologist, you have the option to file a claim with your insurance company for long-term disability (LTD) benefits. Read more to learn about what LTD insurance for psychologists entails and how to increase your chances of getting your claim approved. Types […]
- Why Do Insurers Deny Long-Term Disability Claims?
When a person develops a medical condition that impairs their ability to work, they want to know that they can turn to their long-term disability (LTD) benefits. Yet many insurance companies routinely deny LTD claims. This can make the possibility of receiving such benefits seem impossible. Unfortunately, insurance companies prioritize their financial needs often. These […]