Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Marblehead, MA
You may be able to file for long-term disability (LTD) benefits if you are diagnosed with a disabling health condition and can no longer work. Unfortunately, filing a long-term disability claim can be difficult, especially if you are trying to manage your health at the same time. Dealing with your insurance company can be challenging and making sure you meet all the requirements of your policy can be stressful. Fortunately, the long-term disability lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick serving Marblehead, MA are available to help you with your claim.
For a free consultation with a member of our team, you can contact us today at 800-544-9144.
CCK Can Help You with your Long-Term Disability Claim
For your claim to be approved for long-term disability benefits, you must prove that your disability meets the terms of your policy’s definition of disability. To do this, you will need to gather evidence from doctors and vocational experts. The attorneys serving Marblehead, MA can evaluate your policy and assist you in this process to ensure your claim is approved.
While it is possible for you to handle your claim on your own, seeking the help of an attorney can be beneficial for your claim. Insurance companies sometimes act in bad faith, prioritizing their own business instead of the needs of claimants. Policies can be confusing to navigate, and requirements can be challenging to satisfy. Our attorneys will ensure that your claim is being handled fairly and will help you understand your policy.
If your long-term disability plan is ERISA-governed, strict requirements and deadlines may make the process difficult. If deadlines are missed, it can result in a claim denial or a loss of rights to benefits entirely. If you are filing for an appeal, you will also want to ensure that all updated evidence is on the record, as you will not be able to submit more evidence if your ERISA-governed claim is taken to court. CCK attorneys are knowledgeable and experienced in ERISA law, and can help you navigate these complex requirements and ensure that everything is submitted on time.
Our Attorneys Will Gather Evidence That Will Prove Your Claim
The long-term disability lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick have experience helping claimants gather evidence for their LTD claims. Oftentimes, medical records may not be enough to satisfy the terms of a long-term disability policy’s definition of disability. We can help you gather additional forms of evidence that will strengthen your claim. Such evidence includes:
- Treating physician reports: A personal report form your physician can be a helpful addition to your claim. Medical records do not always fully represent the scope of your condition, and a report from your physician can outline how your condition affects you in greater detail. They may be able to provide evidence as to how your condition impacts your daily life, and the frequency with which you miss work for doctor appointments. It is important to have an honest relationship with your physician so they can provide such information.
- Impact statements from friends, family, and coworkers: Statements from people who know you personally can highlight the ways your disability inhibits your daily activities. Such acquaintances may be able to explain how they have seen you living with your disability, at home and at work. Such testimony can be a strong way to back up your medical records.
- Outside opinions from medical and vocational experts: The legal team at CCK works with a variety of experts in various fields, such as medical and vocational experts. Additional medical experts may be able to provide supplemental evaluations of your health, including functional capacity or neuropsychological exams. A vocational expert may be able to assess the duties of your job and your ability to perform them.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Will Handle the Burden of Your Claim
Whether you are in the process of filing for long-term disability benefits or appealing a denial, the lawyers serving Marblehead, MA at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick are equipped to handle your case. Our attorneys have over three decades of collective experience assisting claimants with their claims and appeals.
We know that trying to file for long-term disability is difficult while you are also managing your health. Our team can take the weight of your claim off of you. We can handle the communication between you, your insurance company, and your doctors, and evaluate your documents to ensure that all evidence is being submitted correctly. Even after your benefits are approved, we can continue to represent you and help you provide your insurance company with updated information about your condition.
If your claim is denied or your existing benefits are terminated, we can assist you in your appeal. We have experience fighting for cases against major insurance companies and are invested in getting you the benefits you are entitled to. We know that dealing with a difficult health condition can be upsetting and challenging, and we want to ease the burden of your long-term disability claim as much as possible.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you find yourself disabled due to a medical condition and unable to work, our long-term disability lawyers are available to help you file a long-term disability claim. Our attorneys serving Marblehead, MA have the experience and knowledge to prove that your condition is deserving of benefits. We can assist you no matter where you are in the process, whether you are filing an initial claim or appealing a wrongful denial.
For a free consultation with a member of our team, you can contact us online or call us at 800-544-9144.
Marblehead Blog Posts
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims for Heart Surgeons
Heart surgeons, also known as cardiac surgeons, specialize in the surgical treatment of the heart and its surrounding blood vessels. Many people rely on these highly trained and specialized doctors. When a heart surgeon develops a medical condition that impairs their ability to work, they can potentially put their patients at risk. Therefore, it is […]
- Will Severance Affect My Long-Term Disability Benefits?
Long-Term Disability (LTD) benefits can protect a person’s income when they are unable to work due to a debilitating medical condition. Often, an employer’s benefits package includes LTD coverage. Such policies are known as “group policies,” which are governed by the federal law known as ERISA. These benefits are necessary for many people, but what […]
- Why ERISA Was Enacted And How It Should Benefit You Today
ERISA, or the “Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974,” is a federal law. The U.S. House of Representatives enacted ERISA to implement rules and standards plan administrators must follow to protect individuals who have employer-provided benefit plans. These plans include pensions; retirement funds; welfare benefits; health benefits; and 401(k)s. It also covers most employer-provided […]