Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Boxborough, MA
If you are unable to work because of a medical condition, you may need to file for long-term disability benefits. This process can be very stressful, especially when you are managing your health at the same time. The lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick are ready to assist you no matter where you are in the process. We have the experience to help you get the benefits you need.
A long-term disability lawyer serving Boxborough, MA from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick may be able to help you navigate the LTD claims process. Call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation with a member of our team.
Why is Contacting a Long-Term Disability Attorney Beneficial?
Seeking a long-term disability attorney is advantageous for several reasons. While some claimants handle LTD claims by themselves, it is a better idea to have someone help you through this complex process. The attorneys from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick serving Boxborough, MA can help by evaluating your LTD policy. Our team can assess the best evidence to gather to prove that you meet your policy’s definition of disability.
The long-term disability lawyers at CCK understand how insurance companies work because they have over three decades of experience. While insurance companies should handle each case neutrally, this is rarely the case. Instead, they often prioritize their own business needs above the health needs of their clients. Our legal team ensures that your claim is handled fairly by the insurance company, and we act as a point of contact so you never have to directly deal with them.
ERISA law governs group policies. This is important because should your benefits be denied, the appeal stage is the last time you may submit evidence for your claim. Moreover, ERISA enforces strict rules and deadlines. If you were to miss even just one deadline, it could result in the denial of your claim. An ERISA attorney knows how the process works and how to avoid such denials. Our legal team will keep track of everything and ensure that your claim is always on the right track. Regardless of where you are in the process, we make sure that nothing is left unattended.
CCK Can Help You Gather Evidence to Prove Your LTD Claim
Medical records are the primary source of evidence needed to prove your claim. However, medical records are rarely enough by themselves to meet the definition of disability. Supplemental evidence can strengthen your claim considerably. The long-term disability insurance attorneys at CCK can gather various forms of additional evidence, such as:
- Specialized reports from treating physicians: Obtaining personalized reports from your treating physician is a great way to bolster your claim. These reports can highlight certain aspects of your condition that medical records cannot. Specialized reports are good at illustrating how your condition impairs you in day-to-day life.
- Witness statements from family, friends, and coworkers: Good supporting evidence includes testimonials from the people who see you each day. Witness statements from family, friends, and coworkers can vouch for how your condition affects you and impairs your ability to do your job. Family and friends can attest to your condition in your private life while coworkers can attest to your condition at the workplace.
- Outside expert opinions: Obtaining third-party opinions about your condition can increase your chances of an approval. Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick work with a variety of outside experts that can assess your inability to perform the duties of your job. These experts can conduct specialized medical examinations that your regular doctor does not typically do. Outside experts can provide functional capacity, neurophysiological, and vocational evaluations.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Will Alleviate the Burden of Filing for LTD Benefits
The long-term disability attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick understand the burden that comes with filing for LTD benefits and want to alleviate it so you can focus on managing your health. We will handle all communication between you, your insurance company, and your doctors. We will ensure that all deadlines are met and that nothing is missed.
We will also ensure that all the evidence adheres to the strict rules of your long-term disability policy. It is important to make sure that everything complies with the rules and regulations of your policy to avoid insurance companies finding a reason to deny your claim.
Additionally, once the insurance company approves your claim, our team will not stop representing you. Oftentimes, insurance companies require updated documentation and evidence of your condition. If these items are not submitted properly, they can terminate your benefits. CCK will ensure that this does not happen by keeping track of all deadlines and supplying them with updated information as necessary.
Contact CCK Today for a Free Consultation Regarding Your Claim
If you are unable to work because of a debilitating medical condition, you have the option to apply for long-term disability benefits. Our experienced attorneys want to lessen the stress of filing for such benefits. We want to help you so that you can focus on your health instead of worrying about your insurance company.
The long-term disability lawyers serving Boxborough, MA from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick are here to help. Call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation to see if we may be able to assist you.
Boxborough Blog Posts
- Filing Deadlines for ERISA-Governed Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims
Learning to cope with a new sickness or injury can be difficult, stressful, and cause a lot of uncertainty. In addition to managing your health, you must navigate the procedures and deadlines associated with applying for ERISA-governed long-term disability (LTD) benefits. If you received your long-term disability insurance through your employer, the procedures are likely […]
- Will Severance Affect My Long-Term Disability Benefits?
Long-Term Disability (LTD) benefits can protect a person’s income when they are unable to work due to a debilitating medical condition. Often, an employer’s benefits package includes LTD coverage. Such policies are known as “group policies,” which are governed by the federal law known as ERISA. These benefits are necessary for many people, but what […]
- Navigating Your Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Claim Through the COVID-19 Pandemic
This is an unprecedented time in our lives and many people are facing uncertainty, whether it be professionally, financially, or medically. We have needed to adjust rapidly to changing circumstances, frequently and with little warning. While the current situation is challenging for everyone, it can be especially difficult if you are medically unable to work. […]