Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Somerville, MA
When you can no longer work because of a disabling health condition, you may be eligible to file for long-term disability (LTD) benefits. However, when you are simultaneously managing your health and trying to file an LTD claim, it can become overwhelming, especially when you must deal with the insurance company.
The lawyers serving Somerville, MA from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick are available to help you with your claim. For a free consultation with a member of our team, call 800-544-9144 today.
How Contacting an Attorney Can Help Your Claim
Some people decide to handle their long-term disability claims on their own. However, it is beneficial to have an LTD lawyer assist you in the process. The CCK attorneys that serve Somerville, MA have over three decades of collective experience helping claimants get their benefits.
Additionally, they know the difficulties that claimants face when dealing with insurance companies. Insurance companies do not always prioritize the needs of their clients and instead focus on their own business endeavors. Therefore, our legal team works diligently to make sure that these insurance companies handle your claim fairly.
Our attorneys are also knowledgeable in ERISA law, which governs group LTD plans. Under ERISA law, your LTD plan may be subject to stringent rules. For example, there are strict deadlines, and if you miss even one of them, it could lead to a denial of your benefits. Furthermore, you cannot submit new evidence after the appeal stage, so having an ERISA attorney to assist you is important. Our team will ensure that you satisfy all necessary requirements.
CCK lawyers evaluate your policy and determine the best evidence to prove your claim. We aid you in procuring this evidence, whether it be from your treating physician or elsewhere. We also assist you in finding additional medical or vocational experts who can provide supplemental evidence that bolsters your claim.
We Gather the Necessary Evidence to Prove your Long-Term Disability Claim
Your LTD policy provided by your insurance company includes a definition of the term “disability.” You must use evidence to prove that you fit this specific definition to obtain your long-term disability benefits.
While medical records are the primary source of evidence, they are not the only source of evidence you should provide. Medical records are rarely sufficient on their own to win a claim. The long-term disability lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick will gather and utilize a variety of evidence, such as:
- Reports from your treating physician: A report from your treating physician is a personalized document that illustrates exactly how your condition prevents you from functioning properly on a daily basis. Regular medical reports do not provide this level of detail. Some doctors may be hesitant to provide a personalized report; however, our team knows how to communicate with them. We will explain to them the importance of such a report and how it will strengthen your claim.
- Statements from Family, Friends, and Coworkers: Witness statements are important supplemental pieces of evidence. They provide insight into your daily life that a doctor only hears about. Your close family and friends see how your condition affects you at home, and your coworkers can vouch for how your condition impacts your ability to work. Having these official witness statements can bolster your claim considerably.
- Outside expert evaluations: CCK works with outside experts that can provide supplemental evaluations to prove your claim. These additional evaluations are from third-party experts, so they are objective evidence of your debilitating condition. Moreover, these assessments show how you are unable to complete the tasks required of your job. Such evaluations can include functional capacity tests, neuropsychological assessments, and vocational evaluations.
CCK Wants to Ease the Burden of Filing for Long-Term Disability
The legal team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick are ready to help you. We can assist you with completing all the required documentation and aid you in gathering necessary evidence.
Moreover, we can serve as a point of contact with your insurance company and handle all communication with them. Likewise, should you need to appeal a denial of benefits, we can evaluate your policy and denial letter and build a strong case for your appeal.
Our work does not end when you receive your benefits after approval. Oftentimes, insurance companies continue to require updated documentation. Insurance companies always try to avoid paying claims if they can, so we make sure that they receive this updated documentation when they ask for it.
If your insurance company asks for new evidence, we will help gather it. CCK will work to ensure you avoid a wrongful termination of your benefits.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick for a Free Consultation Today
If you are suffering from a debilitating medical condition that is impacting your ability to work, you may be eligible for LTD benefits. The long-term disability lawyers serving Somerville, MA at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick are ready to assist you no matter where you are in the process. We can help prove your disability as set forth under the terms of your policy.
Contact us today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation to see how we can help you with your claim.
Somerville Blog Posts
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims for Psychiatrists
Psychiatry can be a demanding and emotionally taxing profession. When you develop a medical condition as a psychiatrist that negatively impacts your ability to do your job, you may have to file a long-term disability (LTD) claim. It can sometimes seem impossible to overcome, especially when you are facing the reality of not working in […]
- Litigation and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Filing a long-term disability (LTD) claim is complex and overwhelming for many claimants. While all claimants hope their insurance company approves their initial claim, this is not always the case. When the insurance company denies an initial claim, the claimant has the right to appeal; but what happens when the appeal is denied, too? The […]
- Six Reasons You Need a Long-Term Disability Lawyer
If you have long-term disability (LTD) insurance, then you know it is a safeguard against losing your income if you find yourself unable to work due to a disabling health condition. You can generally purchase a long-term disability plan through your employer, or you can opt for a private plan purchased directly from an insurance […]