Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Cohasset, MA
When you develop a medical condition that makes it difficult to work, you must consider filing for long-term disability (LTD) benefits. These benefits can protect a percentage of your income when you are unable to work due to a disability. However, the process of filing a claim or appealing a denial of benefits is a daunting task, especially when you are trying to manage your health.
Regardless of whether you are filing an initial claim or appealing a denial, a long-term disability lawyer serving Cohasset, MA from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick is ready to assist you. You do not have to handle this process alone. Call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation with a member of our team.
How Is Contacting a Long-Term Disability Lawyer Beneficial for Claimants?
The disability rate between 2016 and 2020 in Cohasset, MA was 4.5 percent. As such, it is important to understand the long-term disability claim process. Claimants may handle their LTD claim on their own, but it is beneficial to consult with an experienced long-term disability lawyer.
The attorneys serving Cohasset, MA from CCK understand the difficulties of filing for benefits, and they understand how stressful it can be. Our dedicated team can review your LTD policy. These policies are often hard to understand, but they contain a lot of invaluable information concerning your claim. Consulting a long-term disability attorney is beneficial because it ensures you will avoid simple mistakes that could result in a denial of your claim.
If you are diagnosed with medical conditions or psychological disorders, like depression and anxiety, you may qualify for benefits. Within your policy is a definition of disability of which you must be aware. Using this definition, we can determine the best evidence to gather and submit to your insurance company.
Additionally, if you have a group policy through your employer, then you must be cognizant of ERISA. This federal law—the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974—governs such policies and has its own strict deadlines and rules to which you must adhere. An ERISA attorney from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick will track all deadlines and adhere to all ERISA regulations to ensure a fair review of your claim.
We Will Gather Evidence to Prove Your LTD Claim
You must submit evidence to prove your condition meets your policy’s definition of disability. Medical records are usually your primary source of evidence, but it is often necessary to submit supplemental evidence, too. CCK utilizes various forms of evidence to help prove your LTD claim. Supplemental evidence we gather includes:
- Specialized reports from your treating physician: Your treating physician can offer insights into how your condition affects you day to day. These reports can illustrate how debilitating your condition is over time and why you require long-term disability benefits. For example, if you have a rare health problem like Meniere’s disease, your physician should closely monitor your condition. It is important to maintain an open dialogue with your doctor so that they may accurately attest to how your condition impairs you.
- Statements from personal acquaintances: Other people in your life have likely seen how your condition impairs you every day. Official witness statements can bolster your claim since they can show how far-reaching and impactful your condition is. You may obtain such statements from close friends and family members who can vouch for how your condition affects you at home; statements from coworkers can show how your condition affects you in the workplace. Statements from loved ones and coworkers are especially useful in conveying unique personal experiences. For example, a condition like post-traumatic stress disorder can cast a shadow over your family life and your career. Witness statements can help you claim benefits for PTSD by talking about shared experiences that highlight the social effects of your condition.
- Outside expert opinions: CCK works with outside medical and vocational experts. These experts can provide additional evaluations and opinions on your condition. For example, if you were diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, medical experts can asses how the condition physically limits your ability to work. These additional assessments can reinforce your claim by offering objective, third-party evidence that demonstrate how your condition inhibits your ability to work. These experts may supply functional capacity tests, neuropsychological assessments, and vocational evaluations.
CCK Can Alleviate the Stress of Dealing with the Insurance Company
Your long-term disability claim is important to us. We want to ease the burden of obtaining your benefits. The long-term disability insurance attorneys serving Cohasset, MA from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick have over 30 years of collective experience dealing with insurance companies. We know how they operate.
Often, these insurance companies prioritize their financial needs. This can result in numerous denied claims and appeals. We will work to ensure that your insurance company handles your claim fairly.
Dealing with the insurance company is often stressful. If you already suffer from a severe condition like an autoimmune disorder, exposure to stress can negatively impact your health and well-being. It is your right to recover benefits for autoimmune disorders; the process should not cause you further harm.Insurers ask for a lot of information, and meeting all their expectations can feel overwhelming. CCK can alleviate the stress of dealing with the insurance company by acting as a point of contact with them. We will handle all correspondence with both your insurance company and your doctors. This frees up your time to focus on what matters most: your health.
Additionally, if your insurance company denies your claim, you have the right to appeal. A long-term disability lawyer serving Cohasset, MA from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick may also be able to help you with your appeal. We can thoroughly review your denial letter; address any specific issues your insurer mentions; update any necessary evidence; and submit a comprehensive appeal package to the insurance company on time.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick for a Free Consultation
If you suffer from a debilitating medical condition, you may qualify for long-term disability benefits. Our LTD team serving Cohasset, MA from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick is ready to assist you. We can help prove your disability to your insurance company so that you may begin receiving your benefits.
Whether you have an ERISA-governed plan or a privately bought LTD policy, we may be able to help you. Call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation with a member of our team. We will evaluate your case and see if we can assist you.
Cohasset Blog Posts
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpel tunnel syndrome is a common condition that can cause pain, numbness, and tingling in a person’s hand or arm. As such, when a person suffers from this condition, it can become difficult to perform the duties of their job. In these situations, it may be necessary to apply for long-term disability benefits (LTD). These […]
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims for Psychologists
If you are currently suffering from a condition that prevents you working as a psychologist, you have the option to file a claim with your insurance company for long-term disability (LTD) benefits. Read more to learn about what LTD insurance for psychologists entails and how to increase your chances of getting your claim approved. Types […]
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims for Physicians
Occupations in the medical field are both physically and mentally demanding. Unfortunately, this means that disabilities are all too common, especially among physicians. Given the years of hard work that goes into building a career as a physician, the prospect of being unable to work and needing to file a disability claim can be daunting […]