Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Cheverly, MD
When you develop a medical condition that prevents you from working, you must consider filing for long-term disability (LTD) benefits. These benefits can protect a percentage of your income when you are unable to work due to a medical condition. However, for many, this process is a daunting one, especially when you must also manage your health. Luckily, filing a claim for LTD benefits is not something you must do alone.
Whether you are filing an initial claim or appealing a denial of benefits, a long-term disability lawyer serving Cheverly, MD from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick is ready to assist you. Call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation.
Contacting a Long-Term Disability Attorney Can Help Your Claim
The disability rate between 2016 and 2020 in Cheverly, MD was 6.6 percent. As such, it is important that those in Cheverly, MD who need long-term disability benefits understand the claim and appeal process.
While claimants may handle their claims on their own, it is beneficial to consult with a long-term disability attorney. The LTD attorneys from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick have over 30 years of collected experience working to help claimants receive their benefits.
Every policy has a lot of vital information, but these policies are often hard to understand. Our team can review your policy. Within your policy is a definition of disability. To receive benefits, you must prove your condition meets this definition. Thus, we will use your policy’s definition to determine the best evidence to gather to prove your claim. We can help collect this evidence and submit it to your insurance company on your behalf.
Additionally, if you receive your long-term disability policy through your employer, then you must be aware of ERISA law. This federal law governs group policies given by employers. As such, there are ERISA deadlines and regulations that you must follow. We will track these deadlines and regulations so that your claim or appeal receives a fair review.
We Can Gather Evidence to Bolster Your LTD Claim
Medical records are often your primary source of evidence. However, sometimes these records are not enough to win a claim. In such cases, it is best to submit supplemental evidence to your insurance company. CCK utilizes a variety of evidence to bolster your LTD claim or appeal. These include:
- Specialized reports from your treating physician: Obtaining a specialized report from your treating physician can reinforce your claim. These reports can illustrate aspects of your condition that your medical records do not. It is crucial to maintain an open dialogue about your condition with your doctor. This ensures that they can accurately describe how debilitating it is.
- Statements from personal acquaintances: Often, there are other people who see how your condition affects you. Obtaining official witness statements from these personal acquaintances can strengthen your claim. For example, statements from family and friends can show how your condition affects you at home. Likewise, statements from coworkers can show how your condition affects you in the workplace.
- Evaluations from outside experts: CCK works with medical and vocational experts. These experts can provide objective, third-party evidence to strengthen your claim. For example, medical experts can perform additional evaluations on your condition, such as functional capacity tests and neuropsychological assessments. Moreover, a vocational expert can perform a vocational evaluation to illustrate how your condition affects you at your specific job.
CCK Can Alleviate the Stress of Dealing with the Insurance Company
Insurance companies are difficult to deal with, and it can be stressful corresponding with them while trying to obtain your long-term disability benefits. These companies often prioritize their financial needs over the needs of the client. This can lead to denials.
The long-term disability insurance attorneys serving Cheverly, MD from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick understand these difficulties and want to help alleviate this stress. We can act as a point of contact between you and your insurance company. We will handle all correspondence so that you may focus on what matters most: your health.
We have experience dealing with these insurance companies and know how they operate. We will ensure that they review your claim or appeal fairly. Additionally, we will track all deadlines to ensure your insurer receives everything on time.
Additionally, if your initial claim receives a denial, you have the right to appeal. The administrative appeal stage is a critical time in the process. We can evaluate your denial letter; address any specific issues your insurer had with your initial claim; gather any necessary evidence; track all appeal deadlines; and submit a comprehensive appeal package on your behalf.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Today for a Free Consultation
If you suffer from a debilitating condition that prevents you from working, you may qualify for long-term disability benefits. A long-term disability lawyer serving Cheverly, MD from CCK is ready to assist you. Regardless of where you are in the process, it is not something you must do alone.
Call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation with a member of our team. We will evaluate your case and determine if we can help you.
Cheverly Blog Posts
- The Value of Vocational Evidence in Long-Term Disability Claims
What is Vocational Evidence? The term “vocational evidence” covers a wide variety of information in the context of long-term disability benefit claims. It includes things such as your education and training, your work history, your earnings history, the physical and cognitive duties of the job you were performing when you became disabled, job skills you […]
- Chronic Back Pain Symptoms and How They Can Impact Your Ability to Work
Chronic back pain is a common disability. Experts estimate that 80 percent of Americans will suffer from it at some point in their lives. Moreover, employees across the country cite it as a primary reason for missing work. According to one study, employees lose more than 264 million days of work because of back pain. […]
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD)
Coping with back conditions including degenerative disc disease can be difficult enough without the added stress of filing a long-term disability (LTD) claim. Unfortunately, the process is often difficult, time-consuming, and wrongful denials by the insurance companies are all too common. The team of attorneys and professionals at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick help clients fight […]