CCK Recognized for Donations to American Veterans Disabled For Life Memorial
At the 2018 Disabled American Veterans (DAV) & Auxiliary National Convention in July, Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD (CCK) was recognized for donating $50,000 to the American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial located in Washington, D.C. The memorial honors American veterans who are permanently disabled as a result of their military service, and provides funding for the ongoing maintenance of the profound monument. Several members of the CCK team attended the convention and the entire CCK team is honored to contribute to the memorial.
CCK Donation supports American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial
At the 2018 DAV & Auxiliary National Convention, CCK donated $50,000 to the American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial Fund for continued upkeep and maintenance of the profound national monument, as well as to help fund their mission of education and outreach through the memorial. This donation was given in addition to the $50,000 CCK gave at the 2017 convention. Since 2015, CCK has provided a total of $200,000 in funding to the memorial.
At the 2018 convention, former DAV National Commander Bobby Barrera thanked CCK for their continued contributions to the memorial. Bobby Barrera has served on the board of directors for the American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial Foundation since 2013, and personally thanked CCK for their generosity in his remarks.
The American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial
The American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial opened in Washington, D.C. on October 6, 2014, and DAV has played an important role in the life of the memorial, from its inception. Since the memorial’s opening in 2014, the Foundation has focused on outreach, education, public engagement,
upkeep, and maintenance. At the convention, Bobby Barrera stated that 8,000 volunteers have dedicated 1,400 hours to maintaining the memorial through cleaning and trash removal.
The memorial not only pays tribute to disabled veterans, but also focuses on teaching all of those who visit the memorial about the sacrifice that veterans make in service to their country. This mission also extends to those who visit the memorial virtually. Touring the memorial virtually allows those who would not otherwise be able to visit the memorial to experience and engage with its mission.
- CCK Sponsors Vietnam Memorial Moving Wall
- Meet Ally Niven, 2018 Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Child of an American Veteran Scholarship Winner
- Natasha Cowling, 2020 Child of an American Veteran Scholarship Winner
- CCK Makes Donation to American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial
- Anna Durham wins the Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Child of a Disabled Veteran Scholarship
- What Does It Mean to Be 100% Disabled by the VA?
- I Am 100% Disabled by VA; Can I Get TDIU Too?
- I Am a Disabled Veteran; Am I Eligible for Disability Benefits?
- VA Benefits for Spouses of Disabled Veterans – Video
- Additional Benefits For 100% Disabled Veterans – Video
Share this Post