Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Ridgefield, CT
In the event that you are unable to work due to a disabling health condition, you may have to apply for long-term disability (LTD) insurance. These benefits will cover a percentage of your work income while you are not working. Unfortunately, filing a claim or appealing a denial can be difficult, especially while adjusting to the significant life change of living with a disabling health condition.
The CCK attorneys serving Ridgefield, CT, are available to help you with your case. No matter what stage of the long-term disability process you are in, we are ready to help you fight for your benefits. If you would like a free consultation to discuss your claim, you can contact us at 800-544-9144.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Attorneys Can Help You with Your Long-Term Disability Claim
In order for your long-term disability to be approved, you will need to meet your policy’s definition of disability. This definition will define the terms you must satisfy for your claim to be approved for benefits. Finding evidence to meet this definition may be difficult, especially if your insurance company is difficult to work with or has particular demands. The attorneys serving Ridgefield, CT will be able to help you find the best evidence to best support your claim.
Our attorneys will evaluate your policy to gain an understanding of how to best satisfy its requirements. While you can carry this out on your own, it can be advantageous for you to seek the help of an attorney. The team at CCK is experienced and knows the best practices to get your claim approved. We are aware that insurance companies do not always act in the interest of the claimant, and may instead seek to satisfy their own business needs. Insurance companies may also be difficult to communicate with, and we can act as a go-between for all information. This will ensure that all information is transmitted correctly, and that your case is handled fairly.
If your plan is governed by ERISA, your policy may be subject to requirements and deadlines. It is important to ensure that all evidence is submitted during the initial claim or appeal stage, since under ERISA you will not be allowed to introduce any more evidence if your claim is taken to court. Missing a deadline can be grounds for claim denial or loss of rights to benefits completely. CCK will keep track of your deadlines and work to make sure that your best evidence is submitted during the claims process. We will ensure that whatever stage of the long-term disability process you are in, nothing is left unattended.
Our Lawyers Gather the Evidence That Will Prove Your Long-Term Disability Claim
Often, your health records alone will not satisfy your long-term disability claim. Additional forms of evidence may be necessary, and the LTD team serving Ridgefield, CT has experience working with claimants to gather strong additional types of evidence. These types of evidence may include:
- Treating physician reports: A report from your personal physician can strengthen your claim by backing up your medical records. Your medical records may not show a detailed view of how your condition disables you, and your physician may be able to provide such information. If you have an honest relationship with your physician, they can report on certain symptoms and aspects of your illness that may be particularly disabling to you.
- Impact statements from friends, family, and coworkers: Reports from people in your personal life can demonstrate how your condition affects your daily functions. These people have likely seen the ways you manage your condition in your everyday life and can attest to your condition’s disabling effects. Coworkers can confirm how your condition affects you at work, while friends or family may be able to speak on the ways your condition impacts you in your personal life.
- Outside opinions from experts: The attorney team at CCK works with a variety of experts in different fields that may be able to provide you with additional evidence. They may perform evaluations of your health and occupation. These evaluations can support your medical records by demonstrating different ways your condition impacts you as well as the ways it affects your ability to carry out your job duties. Additional assessments may include functional capacity, neuropsychological, and vocational evaluations.
CCK Will Handle the Burden of Your Claim
Wherever you are in the process of filing for long-term disability benefits or appealing a denial, the legal team at CCK serving Ridgefield, CT is ready to handle your case. Our long-term disability lawyers have over 33 years of collective experience winning long-term disability cases on behalf of our clients.
Our lawyers can handle all communication between you and your insurance company, as well as your doctor, who may often have a busy schedule and can be difficult to get a hold of. Our lawyers will get the information you need for your claim. We will ensure that all evidence is submitted in a timely manner and according to your insurance company’s requirements. If you are handling an appeal for a benefit denial, we know it is essential to fix any errors in your claim and we will ensure that your appeal paperwork is submitted on time.
Once your claim is approved and you begin receiving benefits, your insurance company may continue to request further information and documentation. Our team can continue to offer assistance so that you can rest assured knowing your claim is never in danger of termination. We realize being disabled and unable to work can be difficult and stressful and we want to make the process of long-term disability insurance as easy for you as possible.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you find yourself disabled due to a medical condition and unable to work, the CCK lawyers serving Ridgefield, CT want to assist you with your claim. Our experienced attorneys are prepared to prove that your condition is deserving of benefits and will aid you in collecting the strongest evidence to satisfy your policy.
CCK wants you to be able to focus on your health while we take care of your claim. For a free consultation with a member of our team, you can contact us online or call us at 800-544-9144.
Ridgefield Blog Posts
- Surveillance Tactics in Long-Term Disability Claims
If you have filed for long-term disability (LTD) insurance due to a disabling medical condition, you may discover that approval of your claim rests on more than a submittal of documents. Often, insurance companies will enact surveillance tactics to ensure the validity of your claim. Yes, that means, in short, that insurance companies may spy […]
- Filing Deadlines for ERISA-Governed Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims
Learning to cope with a new sickness or injury can be difficult, stressful, and cause a lot of uncertainty. In addition to managing your health, you must navigate the procedures and deadlines associated with applying for ERISA-governed long-term disability (LTD) benefits. If you received your long-term disability insurance through your employer, the procedures are likely […]
- Long-Term Disability Requirements Explained
Becoming disabled is understandably a stressful time for you and your family. Fortunately, if you have long-term disability (LTD) insurance through your employer, or even a policy that you purchased yourself, you have access to a percentage of your monthly earnings in the event that you cannot return to work. Your policy will outline the […]