Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Avon, CT
You may be able to file for long-term disability (LTD) benefits if you are diagnosed with a disabling health condition and can no longer work. Unfortunately, filing for long-term disability benefits can be a challenge, especially if you are taking care of your health at the same time. Meeting the requirements of your policy can be difficult and dealing with your insurance company can be stressful.
Fortunately, the lawyers serving Avon, CT from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick are available to help you with your claim. If you would like a free consultation with a member of our team, you can contact us today at 800-544-9144.
How CCK Can Help You with Your Long-Term Disability Claim
While claimants may complete their long-term disability claims by themselves, it can be beneficial to seek the help of an attorney. Our attorneys serving Avon, CT have the experience and knowledge to aid you in the claims process. We know the ways insurance companies tend to operate, and how they may prioritize their interests ahead of your own. We can assist in analyzing your policy to identify what evidence will satisfy your insurance company, ensuring you get the benefits to which you are entitled. Further, we can help determine how long you can stay on long-term disability (LTD) so you can plan for the future accordingly. Your long-term disability insurance coverage could be impacted by your profession. For example, healthcare workers, like anesthesiologists, may have a different policy than truck drivers. In fact, truck drivers receive some of the highest annual long-term disability premiums, along with consultants and project managers.
CCK lawyers are experienced in ERISA law, which governs group long-term disability policies. ERISA is a complex law that imposes strict requirements and regulations on your claim. These regulations can be difficult to navigate on your own, and if you find yourself facing ERISA litigation, it can be helpful to have an attorney on your side. Under ERISA, you must have all your evidence on the record during the appeal stage, as you will not be allowed to submit anything further if your case goes to court. A missed deadline under ERISA can also mean a denial of benefits or a loss of rights to benefits altogether. Our long-term disability attorneys can ensure that your claim complies with ERISA regulations and that all documentation is submitted on time.
We Will Help You Gather Evidence for Your Claim
Medical records are often the leading source of evidence in long-term disability claims. Unfortunately, medical records are often not enough to satisfy your policy, and additional forms of evidence will likely be necessary. Our lawyers can help you determine what types of evidence are best for your claim. Such evidence may include:
- A report from your treating physician: A written report from your treating physician can outline the symptoms of your condition that are not detailed in your medical records. Your physician may be able to provide testimony as to how your condition interferes with your daily activities and life. If you suffer from a serious medical condition, like lung disease, a physician should closely monitor how your disease develops. It is important to maintain an open relationship with your physician so that they can provide the most accurate information possible for your claim.
- Personal acquaintance testimony: Statements from friends, family, and coworkers can strengthen your claim. For example, if you suffer from a condition like rheumatoid arthritis, people who interact with you often may be able to provide evidence as to how your condition disables you at home as well as at work. Such personal evidence can strongly benefit your claim.
- Opinions from outside experts: The attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick work with a variety of professionals that can aid your claim, such as medical and vocational experts. We can assist you in obtaining additional assessments or evaluations from these experts. Medical experts may be able to provide supplementary examinations of your condition, while a vocational expert can assess your job capabilities while you have a disability. Professionals whose jobs entail a high level of social interaction, like psychologists, can benefit from a vocational expert assessment in their pursuit of benefits.
Allow Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick To Handle the Burden of Your Claim
Whether you are in the process of filing for long-term disability benefits or appealing a denial, the CCK lawyers serving Avon, CT have the knowledge and resources to help you with your case. Our attorneys have over three decades of collective experience helping claimants secure the benefits to which they are entitled.
Our team knows that filing for long-term disability benefits can be difficult to manage while you are taking care of your health. We can take the weight of your claim off of you. CCK can handle the communication between you, your insurance company, and your doctors. We will evaluate your evidence to guarantee it meets your policy’s requirements and is submitted correctly. Even once your benefits have been approved, we can continue to represent you and ensure that updated information is transferred to your insurance provider.
If your claim has been denied or your existing benefits are terminated, we can assist you with your appeal. We have the experience needed to defend your case against your insurance company. We are invested in getting you the benefits you deserve. We know that managing a health condition can be difficult and burdensome, and we want to be able to help you handle your claim with ease.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you find yourself unable to work due to a disabling condition, our long-term disability lawyers are available to help you file a long-term disability claim. Our attorneys serving Avon, CT have the experience and knowledge to prove that your condition is deserving of benefits. We can assist you no matter where you are in the process, whether you are filing an initial claim or appealing a wrongful denial.
For a free consultation with a member of our team, you can contact us online or call us at 800-544-9144.
Avon Blog Posts
- Can I Work While on Long-Term Disability?
It is not uncommon for a claimant receiving long-term disability (LTD) benefits to wish to return to work in some capacity. While it can be difficult, it is possible under certain long-term disability policies. If you are collecting long-term disability insurance benefits and want to return to work, you will need to proceed carefully to […]
- Can Your Benefits Be Terminated While on Long-Term Disability?
Long-term disability (LTD) claims can be challenging and time-consuming. Long-term disability insurance coverage can help protect a percentage of your income when you are unable to return to work due to a debilitating medical condition or injury. Many, though not all, LTD policies allow benefits until retirement age. Unfortunately, even once your long-term disability claim […]
- Filing Deadlines for ERISA-Governed Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims
Learning to cope with a new sickness or injury can be difficult, stressful, and cause a lot of uncertainty. In addition to managing your health, you must navigate the procedures and deadlines associated with applying for ERISA-governed long-term disability (LTD) benefits. If you received your long-term disability insurance through your employer, the procedures are likely […]