Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Weston, CT
It can be a nerve-racking experience when you need to file a long-term disability (LTD) claim. If your insurance company decides to deny your claim or terminate your disability benefits, the process becomes a daunting one. Luckily, this is not a process you must traverse alone.
Whether it is an initial claim or an appeal of a denial of your benefits, there is someone who can help you. Long-term disability lawyers serving Weston, CT from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick may be able to help. Our legal team will help you regardless of where you are in the process. For a free consultation with our long-term disability attorneys serving Weston, CT, call 800-544-9144.
Why Should You Contact a Long-Term Disability Attorney?
While many claimants decide to file these LTD claims by themselves, it is not always the best option. There are many complexities that come with filing a claim and getting help from a long-term disability lawyer is beneficial.
Insurance companies do not always put the needs of the claimant first. Instead, they often act in their own best interests rather than yours. When this happens, you may feel overwhelmed. Luckily, the long-term disability lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick have over 30 years of experience, so they know how these insurance companies operate.
Our legal team serving Weston, CT thoroughly reviews your insurance policy to determine the definition of disability. This is important because this defines the terms you must meet to qualify for disability benefits. We work to make sure our clients get the benefits they are entitled to. Additionally, we will make sure that the insurance companies are handling the claims fairly.
There are strict deadlines involved in a long-term disability process. You could lose your rights to your benefits if even one of these deadlines is missed. Moreover, if your disability benefits are governed by ERISA law, you want experienced attorneys who know how to navigate them. An ERISA attorney will understand what you need while also ensuring all deadlines are met.
CCK Attorneys Collect the Evidence Necessary to Get Your LTD Benefits in Weston
Reading your policy is an important first step in the process. Your policy has a lot of information that directly impacts your ability to get LTD benefits. Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick will work hard to make sure you have everything needed to build a strong case.
Every policy will have a “definition of disability.” Having an experienced long-term disability insurance attorney to analyze this definition can make a big difference. Proving you are disabled, as laid out by your policy, is more than only providing medical documentation to your insurance company.
In addition, supplemental evidence is required to prove you have a disability that meets the requirements of the insurance policy. Our legal team can help you procure this supplemental evidence. We can help you obtain:
- Reports from your treating physician: Your physician can supply a personalized report, which is very beneficial to your claim. The report strengthens your case because it highlights aspects of your condition that an ordinary medical record does not. Your treating physician is aware of the ways in which your condition affects you. Obtaining a personalized report from your treating physician details how your symptoms warrant disability.
- Statements from your family, friends, and coworkers: Oftentimes, the people around you have witnessed how your disability affects you each day. This is important because these witness statements illustrate how your disability affects your ability to work. Your family and friends can attest to how your condition affects you at home, and your coworkers can attest to how your condition affects you at work.
- Outside opinions from experts: Sometimes it is necessary to have additional evidence to demonstrate that you meet your insurance policy’s definition of disability. Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick works with experts who can perform various evaluations that help prove your disability. Outside opinions from experts are objective evidence that demonstrate why you are unable to adequately perform the duties of your job. These experts can provide functional capacity, neuropsychological, and vocational evaluations.
CCK Removes the Burden of Dealing with the Insurance Company
While the insurance company should operate neutrally when evaluating your long-term disability claim, this is not often the case. Unfortunately, insurance companies are often motivated by their own financial benefits, which means they try to avoid paying claims when they can. This results in wrongful claim denials and insurance companies repeatedly requesting additional information even after your LTD benefits have been approved.
This added stress is unnecessary, and our legal time serving Weston, Connecticut wants to alleviate this burden from you. Our long-term disability lawyers are equipped to handle your claim. We will complete and gather all forms and necessary evidence for the insurance company.
Moreover, if you are dealing with an appeal of a denial of benefits, we will obtain and analyze all necessary elements to explain why you are entitled to long-term disability benefits.
The burden of dealing with the insurance company is exhausting. CCK removes that burden when helping you through the LTD claim process. We act as a point of contact between you and the insurance company. Additionally, we will continue to help you even after your benefits have been approved. We continue to make sure nothing missed as insurance companies often require updated documentation. It is important to us that you take care of your health while we take care of the long-term disability process.
Call Our Team Today for a Free Consultation
If you suffer from a debilitating medical condition that hinders you from working, we can help you file a long-term disability claim. Whether you are filing an initial claim or an appeal, we can assist you. No matter where you are in the process, we have the experience needed to help you navigate these complex issues. Our long-term disability attorneys serving Weston, CT are prepared to prove you are disabled and obtain the LTD benefits to which you are entitled.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation.
Weston Blog Posts
- Going from Short-Term Disability to Long-Term Disability
Short-term disability (STD) insurance provides financial benefits when you become temporarily disabled and cannot work. This type of insurance typically covers conditions such as temporary injuries, surgery rehabilitation, and pregnancy. On the other hand, long-term disability (LTD) insurance provides financial benefits if you become disabled and are unable to work for a longer period. Typically, […]
- Health Insurance While on Long-Term Disability
Dealing with a long-term disability claim is stressful enough without also worrying about your health insurance coverage. If you have a group long-term disability policy and health insurance through your employer, it may be cause for concern. In this article, we hope to answer some of the questions you may have regarding your health insurance […]
- Own Occupation vs. Any Occupation Long-Term Disability Insurance Policies
Your long-term disability (LTD) insurance policy will specify what definition of disability you need to meet in order to receive benefits. Many definitions of disability contain language specifying what occupation(s) you must be disabled from in order to meet the definition of disability. LTD policies commonly refer to these definitions as own occupation and any […]