Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Katy, TX
Developing a medical condition or suffering an injury that renders you unable to work is stressful. However, you may have long-term disability (LTD) insurance coverage. If so, then you must consider filing for these benefits. A long-term disability lawyer serving Katy, TX from CCK can help you.
Obtaining these essential disability benefits can be challenging. Insurance companies routinely deny these claims. Even a minor mistake could result in such a denial. Therefore, consulting an experienced attorney can be beneficial. Call CCK today at 800-544-9144 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team serving Katy, Texas. We may be able to help.
Contacting a Long-Term Disability Lawyer Is Beneficial for Your Claim
Long-term disability insurance is important to have if you are unable to work for an extended period. An illness or injury can sideline any professional, and having such benefits can help bring peace of mind. LTD benefits can protect a percentage of your pre-disability earnings — typically between 60 and 80 percent. As such, you expect these benefits to be there when you need them.
Unfortunately, the LTD claims process is difficult. However, it is not a process you must do on your own. While some claimants may try and handle their cases by themselves, they are more apt to make mistakes. Such mistakes can result in a denial or termination of benefits.
CCK understands how difficult this process is and can help you at any stage of the process. For example, we can track all filing deadlines. These deadlines are important. An insurance company may deny a claim because of a missing deadline. Our team tracks all of them and can submit all materials on your behalf.
Moreover, the long-term disability attorneys from CCK serving Katy, TX can review and submit all documentation and evidence on your behalf. Our law firm has an office in Texas, which helps us to serve the people of Katy. We can help you with all aspects of your initial claim and/or appeal. If you have a group policy as part of an employee benefits package, CCK will ensure that your claim and/or appeal is compliant with ERISA — a strict federal law that governs such claims.
CCK Can Collect and Submit All Evidence to Support Your Katy, TX Long-Term Disability Claim
Every long-term disability policy contains a definition of disability. All claimants must prove to their insurer that their condition meets this specific definition. Thus, claimants must submit evidence. Medical records are most claimants’ primary source of evidence. However, some claims also require supplemental evidence. CCK can determine, collect, and submit all such evidence, including:
- Specialized reports from treating physicians: Your doctors have unique insights into how your condition affects you. Therefore, it is important to maintain an open dialogue with them about your condition while you receive treatment. A treating physician can write a specialized report that highlights key disabling aspects of your condition that regular medical records do not. These reports can bolster your LTD claim.
- Witness statements from family, friends, and co-workers: Others in your life see how your condition impairs you. Official witness statements from these individuals can demonstrate how far-reaching your condition truly is. For example, family and friends can attest to how your condition impacts your ability to perform everyday tasks at home. Likewise, co-workers can vouch for how you are unable to perform your duties in the workplace due to your condition.
- Additional medical and vocational evaluations: Some claimants may require additional medical and vocational evaluations. Third-party experts can provide you with such proof. CCK works with several outside experts who can provide your claim with evidence such as functional capacity tests, neuropsychological assessments, and vocational evaluations.
We Can Help Alleviate the Stress of Dealing with the Insurance Company
Insurance companies deny many LTD claims in the United States every year. Receiving such a denial can be disheartening, but it is not the end of the road to obtaining disability benefits. Yet such companies, like Unum or MetLife, are notorious for being difficult. For example, insurers incessantly contact claimants asking for more information or evidence, which can become troublesome. CCK understands this and wants to help.
Our law office can act as a point of contact between you and your insurer. In other words, all correspondence must pass through us first. This frees up your time to focus on what matters most: your health. Additionally, our LTD team can submit all documentation and evidence on your behalf, so you do not have to deal directly with the insurance company.
We offer our clients legal advice during the long-term disability claims and appeals process. For example, insurance companies typically monitor claimants’ social media accounts or surveil them in public. A long-term disability lawyer serving Katy, TX from CCK will advise you on what to do and what not to do to ensure a fair review of your claim.
Call CCK Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If you are among the 7.2 percent disability rate in Katy, TX, you may face the reality of filing a long-term disability claim with your insurer. This process can be lengthy and complex, but it is not one you must traverse alone. CCK can help you at any stage, from the initial claim through court litigation, if needed.
Call CCK today at 800-544-9144 for a free case evaluation. A member of our team will analyze your case and determine if we can assist you.
Katy Blog Posts
- Litigation and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Filing a long-term disability (LTD) claim is complex and overwhelming for many claimants. While all claimants hope their insurance company approves their initial claim, this is not always the case. When the insurance company denies an initial claim, the claimant has the right to appeal; but what happens when the appeal is denied, too? The […]
- Can ERISA Lawyers Deal with My Insurance Company for Me?
A common question claimants have when filing for long-term disability (LTD) benefits is whether an ERISA lawyer can deal with their insurance company for them. This question arises because of the difficulties many claimants face when dealing with their insurers, such as repeated requests for information. In short, yes, ERISA lawyers can deal with your […]
- When Does Long-Term Disability Start?
People suffer from medical conditions that impact their ability to work every day. When you are unable to work for an extended period of time due to an illness or injury, it can become overwhelming. You may worry about how you are going to provide for yourself and your family. If you have long-term disability […]