Veterans (VA) Disability Lawyer Serving Bradford, VT
If you are a Bradford, Vermont veteran suffering from a disabling condition related to your military service, you may be eligible for disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
If you already submitted a disability claim but VA denied you benefits, a Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick veterans (VA) disability lawyer serving Bradford, Vermont may be able to help you appeal the decision. Reach out to CCK today at 800-544-9144 to schedule a free consultation.
VA Facilities in Bradford, Vermont
Although there are no VA facilities located in Bradford, VT, there are several VA clinics, a Medical Center, and a Regional Office within the state. There are also virtual VA resources available to Bradford veterans.
The White River Junction Regional Office provides veterans living in Bradford, VT with claims assistance and other VA resources. Bradford veterans can schedule a virtual appointment through the Visitor Engagement Reporting Application (VERA).
Other VA Facilities
- White River Junction: White River Junction VA Medical Center
- Bennington: Bennington VA Clinic
- Brattleboro: Brattleboro VA Clinic
- Burlington: Burlington Lakeside VA Clinic
- Newport: Newport VA Clinic
- Rutland: Rutland VA Clinic
Getting VA Disability Benefits in Bradford, Vermont
VA grants disability compensation to veterans who have evidence of these three things:
- An in-service event, injury, or illness;
- A current diagnosis of a disabling condition by a medical professional; and
- A nexus, or link, between the in-service event and current disability.
Establishing a nexus is essential as it ties your claim together. You may be required to attend a Compensation and Pension (C&P) exam to obtain a nexus opinion. You can also ask your private physician to write a nexus letter to include with your claim.
VA Disability Compensation Rates
If VA determines your condition is service connected, they will assign a rating ranging from 0 to 100 percent, depending on the severity of your disability. Each rating directly correlates with a monthly benefit amount.
As of December 1st, 2021 the VA disability rate benefit amounts are as follows:
- 0 percent disability rating: $0.00 per month
- 10 percent disability rating: $152.64 per month
- 20 percent disability rating: $301.74 per month
- 30 percent disability rating: $467.39 per month
- 40 percent disability rating: $673.28 per month
- 50 percent disability rating: $958.44 per month
- 60 percent disability rating: $1,214.03 per month
- 70 percent disability rating: $1,529.95 per month
- 80 percent disability rating: $1,778.43 per month
- 90 percent disability rating: $1,998.52 per month
- 100 percent disability rating: $3,332.06 per month
Additional Compensation for Dependents
Veterans with a combined disability rating of 30 percent or higher may be eligible for compensation for any qualifying dependents. Dependents can include:
- A spouse
- Children under the age of 18
- Children between the ages of 18 and 23 who are attending school
- A dependent parent
Appealing a VA Denial in Bradford, Vermont
There are currently three ways to appeal a VA denial:
- Request a Higher-Level Review of your current claim by a senior VA employee;
- Submit new and relevant evidence as part of a Supplemental Claim; or
- File a Notice of Disagreement with the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
A Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD veterans (VA) disability attorney serving Bradford, VT may be able to help you choose the appeal lane that best fits your situation. To learn more, reach out to CCK today at 800-544-9144.
Should I Get a Veterans (VA) Disability Attorney?
A veterans (VA) disability attorney can help with the time-consuming and challenging process of gathering evidence and developing an appeal.
A CCK veterans attorney serving Bradford, VT can recommend the best appeals lane for your individual situation and assist you in developing a case. Our team knows the ins and outs of the VA appeals process. CCK also has decades of collective experience representing veterans before the Board of Veterans’ Appeals and the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC).
CCK Is Here to Help Bradford, VT Veterans
If you are suffering from a service-related disability and VA denied you benefits, a CCK veterans (VA) disability attorney serving Bradford, VT may be able to help you secure the compensation you deserve. Call 800-544-9144 today to schedule a free consultation.
Bradford Blog Posts
- “Helping Veterans Exposed to Burn Pits Act” Signed Into Law
On September 13, 2018 the House of Representatives voted to pass the Energy and Water, Legislative Branch, and Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriation Act, 2019. Included in this large funding bill is the Helping Veterans Exposed to Burn Pits Act. This Act stems from an 18-month bipartisan effort to provide additional funding and resources […]
- VA Benefits for Agent Orange – What Veterans Can Receive When It Comes to Exposure
When it comes to VA benefits for Agent Orange exposure, veterans can come in contact with some common misinformation. Contrary to what we sometimes hear, VA does not give benefits “for Agent Orange,” you can only receive VA benefits for a condition that resulted from your exposure to Agent Orange. Agent Orange is not a […]
- Human Body Organ Systems and Their Function
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) classifies veterans’ disabilities by organ systems of the body. Essentially, service-connected injuries and illnesses are categorized by whichever organ system is primarily affected or impaired by the condition. What is an Organ System? An organ system is a combination of organs (e.g., heart, lungs, eyes, kidneys, etc.) that […]