If you have a currently diagnosed disability that is due to your military service, you could be eligible for VA disability benefits. VA gives monthly benefits to veterans in Oklahoma with qualifying disabilities.
But not every disabled veteran who applies for service-connected disability benefits receives a grant right away. A veterans disability lawyer serving Oklahoma from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to help you appeal your denied VA benefits. We want to help you receive the benefits you deserve.
To speak with a member of our team, call us at 800-544-9144 today.
Oklahoma VA Benefit Resources
Oklahoma VA Regional Benefit Office
- Muskogee: Muskogee Regional Benefit Office
Oklahoma VA Medical Centers
- Muskogee: Eastern Oklahoma VA Health Care System (Jack C. Montgomery VAMC)
- Oklahoma City: Oklahoma City VA Health Care System
Oklahoma VA Outpatient Clinics
- Oklahoma City: South Oklahoma City VA Clinic
- Tulsa: Ernest Childers VA Outpatient Clinic / Tulsa
- Tulsa: Tulsa Behavioral Medicine Clinic
Oklahoma VA Statistics
As of 2016, Oklahoma has:
- More than 300,000 veterans (more than 10 percent of the adult population in the state)
- More than 93,000 veterans who collect VA disability compensation benefits
- More than 140,000 veterans enrolled in VA’s health care system (96,000 of them have sought treatment at a VA health center)
- More than 44 percent of Oklahoma’s veterans are 65 or older, and almost 12 percent are military retirees
How to Receive VA Disability Benefits in Oklahoma
To be granted VA disability compensation benefits, you typically have to meet three criteria:
- You must have a current diagnosis of a condition that qualifies as a disability by VA’s standards.
- You experienced an illness, event, or injury during your military service.
- You can prove a “nexus,” that links the two.
A VA disability attorney from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can work with you to gather evidence and build an appeal to establish that you meet the above criteria.
You Have a Qualifying Condition
You must have a current diagnosis of a qualifying condition to receive VA disability compensation. The diagnosis must be from an appropriate healthcare provider, such as your treating physician or a doctor at a VA medical facility.
You Experienced an Event During Your Service
You must prove you experienced some sort of injury, illness, or event in your military service. This may be an injury suffered during combat or exposure to a toxic chemical.
Proving a “Nexus”
A “nexus” links your currently diagnosed condition to your active duty military service. A nexus could come in the form of a report from a medical professional that says it is “at least as likely as not” that your condition is related to the event in your military service.
VA Disability Benefit Levels
The rating scale runs from 0 to 100 percent, with a 0-percent rating making you ineligible for monthly compensation benefits.
With a rating of 10 percent or higher, you are eligible for monthly compensation. As of 2018, the amount of your benefits, based on your rating, is as follows:
- 10 percent disability rating: $136.24 per month
- 20 percent disability rating: $269.30 per month
- 30 percent disability rating: $417.15 per month
- 40 percent disability rating: $600.90 per month
- 50 percent disability rating: $855.41 per month
- 60 percent disability rating: $1,083.52 per month
- 70 percent disability rating: $1,365.48 per month
- 80 percent disability rating: $1,587.25 per month
- 90 percent disability rating: $1,783.68 per month
- 100 percent disability rating: $2,973.86 per month
With a rating of at least 30 percent, you may receive additional benefits for dependents living in your home. If you receive a lower rating than you feel you deserve, our attorneys may help you gather evidence and appeal for a higher rating.
What if I Cannot Afford a VA Disability Lawyer in Oklahoma?
If concerns about cost are keeping you from reaching out for help, understand that our VA disability lawyers work on a contingency basis. At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, we do not get paid until you get paid, so there is no risk in speaking with us and seeing how we may help you. Consultations are always free.
Call 800-544-9144 Today to Speak With a VA Disability Attorney Serving Oklahoma
A veterans disability lawyer serving Oklahoma from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to help you appeal your unfavorable VA disability benefits decision. To speak with a team member in our office call 800-544-9144.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »