Are you a North Dakota resident who served your country on active duty? Did an injury, illness, or event that occurred during your military service cause you to suffer from a disabling condition? You might be entitled to benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Applying for veterans disability benefits presents a challenge. The Department of Veterans Affairs has stringent requirements for granting disability benefits, something many veterans discover upon receiving benefit denials despite having a disabling condition. A veteran (VA) disability lawyer serving North Dakota can help you appeal the decision and get you the benefits you deserve. To discuss your case for free today, call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD: 800-544-9144.
North Dakota VA Benefit Resources
Both North Dakota’s regional benefit office and medical center are located in Fargo.
North Dakota VA Regional Benefit Office
North Dakota VA Medical Center
North Dakota VA Statistics
Per the VA, as of 2016, North Dakota has:
- Over 52,000 veterans living in the state (9.25 percent of the state’s adult population)
- Over 12,000 residents receiving VA disability benefits
- Over 27,000 veterans in the VA health care system (over 19,000 have sought treatment at a VA medical center)
North Dakota’s veteran population includes 42 percent who are 65 years old or older, and 10 percent who served enough years in the military to reach full retirement.
How to Build a Compelling Appeal to Receive Benefits in North Dakota
Eligibility for VA disability benefits depends on our ability to prove that you developed a disabling medical condition as a result of an event, illness, or injury in your military service. The Veterans Law team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can gather evidence to make this case, showing the VA that you are indeed eligible for benefits and deserve to have the original decision on your claim reversed.
The necessary components of a successful appeal are:
- Proof that you have a current, diagnosed medical condition classified by the VA as disabling;
- Evidence of a specific in-service event, injury, or illness; and
- Proof that your condition is a result of that specific injury, illness, or event in your military service.
The evidence we might gather to make our case includes your medical records, military service history, physicians’ statements, and testimony from your superiors or fellow servicemembers. First, we identify the specific event, and then we build a strong link, or nexus, between that event and your current diagnosis.
VA Disability Compensation Amounts
Once we have drawn a compelling link between your military service and your diagnosis of a disabling medical condition, we can focus on our next objective: helping you receive the highest combined schedular disability rating. This number matters because it determines your amount of monthly compensation, with a higher disability rating corresponding with a larger benefit.
You will receive a disability rating between 0 and 100 percent. If you receive a 0-percent rating, you will not be eligible for monthly compensation, but you might qualify for other VA benefits that include health care. To receive the highest schedular monthly compensation, you need a combined rating of 100 percent, which indicates that you are fully disabled.
The VA benefits schedule for combined disability rating, as of December 31, 2018, is:
|Disability Rating||Monthly Benefit|
With a combined disability rating of 30 percent or more, you are entitled to additional benefits on behalf of dependents living in your home, such as your spouse, children, or dependent parents. These benefits accrue on top of your base level of compensation as listed above.
Ready to Get Started? Call 800-544-9144 to Discuss Your Case With Our Team
Your service to our country is admirable, and you deserve the benefits which you are entitled for the sacrifice you made in protecting our freedom. Our attorneys want to help you get the benefits you deserve. To discuss your case with a member of the Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD team for free, call 800-544-9144 today.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »