Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Westford, MA
It is a daunting task to file a long-term disability (LTD) claim when you have developed a debilitating medical condition that prohibits you from working. Managing your health should be your top priority, and the stress from filing an initial claim can make it very difficult to accomplish.
Whether you are filing a disability claim or are appealing a denial of your benefits, the long-term disability lawyers serving Westford, MA at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick may be able to assist you. You can call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation to see how we can help.
Why It Is Important to Contact an Attorney Regarding Your LTD Claim
While many claimants decide to handle their LTD claims on their own, it is beneficial to have an attorney assist you. Insurance companies are difficult to correspond with because they often put their own business needs above your health needs. Additionally, there are a multitude of deadlines and regulations that you must meet or you may face a denial of your benefits.
The legal team serving Westford, MA at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick has over thirty years of collective experience working with insurance companies. We understand how they work and how they can make the process difficult.
Our team will thoroughly review your long-term disability policy and evaluate your definition of disability. This definition lays out the terms you must meet to qualify as disabled and receive your benefits. We will help you gather the best evidence to support your claim and prove you meet this definition.
The long-term disability attorneys at CCK know that deadlines are a crucial part of the process. If you miss just one it could result in your insurance company denying your claim. We will keep track of these deadlines on your behalf. This is essential if ERISA law governs your policy because, under ERISA law, the appeal stage is the last time you may submit new evidence.
Long-Term Insurance Attorneys Can Prove You Are Entitled to LTD Benefits
Submitting evidence is essential to proving your disability. Medical records are your primary source of evidence, but they rarely are enough to win a claim. It is often necessary to include supplemental evidence alongside your medical records. A long-term disability insurance attorney from CCK can help you provide supplemental evidence, such as:
- Reports from your treating physicians: Obtaining a personalized report from your treating physician is beneficial for your claim. Your physician can attest to your condition in ways that an ordinary medical report cannot. For example, your physician knows specifically how your condition affects you each day. These details can clarify the symptoms you suffer from and show why they warrant the approval of your claim.
- Witness statements from family, friends, and coworkers: Your condition affects you both at home and at work, and it is important to have evidence to support this. Witness statements strengthen your claim. Statements by family members and close friends vouch for how your condition affects you at home, and statements from coworkers vouch for how your condition prevents you from doing your job.
- Evaluations from outside experts: Outside experts can conduct additional evaluations of your condition and write opinions that support your claim. These outside experts supply objective third-party evidence. CCK works with many outside experts who can conduct functional capacity tests, neuropsychological assessments, and vocational evaluations.
CCK Will Alleviate the Burden of the Long-Term Disability Process
Our legal team wants to make the process of filing a long-term disability claim as easy as possible. We understand the burden that comes with the process, and we believe that you should focus on managing your health above all else. Therefore, we serve as a point of contact between you, your insurance company, and your doctors, to ensure that all correspondence and transactions are handled efficiently.
It is helpful to have a Westford ERISA attorney guide you to avoid missteps that may lead to a denial of benefits. Under ERISA law, the appeal stage is the last time you may submit evidence. Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick can assist you so that your insurance company approves your claim before your case reaches the appeal stage.
Even when you receive an approval of your benefits, we do not stop serving you. Oftentimes, insurance companies continue to request updated documentation. We make sure that this updated information is given to the insurance companies to keep your benefits intact. The long-term disability team at CCK wants you to be able to take care of your health and well-being while we take care of the LTD process.
Contact Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Today for a Free Consultation
If you have a medical condition that is impairing your ability to work, you may need to file for long-term disability benefits. Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick may be able to help you no matter where you are in the process. We have the experience to prove your medical condition meets the requirements of your policy. The long-term disability lawyers serving Westford, MA want to help you receive the benefits you deserve so that you can focus on managing your health.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation to see how our team can help you.
Westford Blog Posts
- Can I Work While on Long-Term Disability?
It is not uncommon for a claimant receiving long-term disability (LTD) benefits to wish to return to work in some capacity. While it can be difficult, it is possible under certain long-term disability policies. If you are collecting long-term disability insurance benefits and want to return to work, you will need to proceed carefully to […]
- What To Do if Your Long-Term Disability Claim Is Denied
It is frustrating when you develop a debilitating condition that prevents you from working. As a result, you must file for long-term disability benefits. But what do you do when you receive a denial of your initial claim from your insurance company? While many claimants file their LTD claims and appeals by themselves, it is […]
- Getting Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Getting your long-term disability (LTD) benefits for thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS) can be difficult, time-consuming, and stressful. You should be able to easily file your claim and start receiving the disability benefits to which you are rightfully entitled. Unfortunately, wrongful denials by insurance companies are far too common and the process of appealing such a […]