Do You Need to Be Concerned About Disability Claim Deadlines?
Yes. Many disability insurance policies have important deadlines that you must meet. Missing a deadline such as the deadline for filing your claim, providing evidence of disability, or your appeal could result in loss of your benefits. Most important deadlines can be found in your policy or plan documents.
If you have more than one type of disability insurance coverage, for example, STD, LTD and life insurance with waiver of premium through your employer, you should identify the deadlines for making each claim. In some cases, these three benefits (and others) can be incorporated into the same plan, and may only require one application. However, this is often not the case: There may be different policies and plan-governing documents for each benefit. Each may have a different notice of claim deadline and different requirements for payment of benefits. If you are not sure about your deadlines, you should engage an experienced LTD attorney to investigate and advise you on your claim.
- Should I File My VA Compensation Claim Online?
- BVA fails to consider TDIU despite being raised in an increased rating claim for Veteran’s lower back condition
- Board failed to ensure adequate medical examination in Veteran’s claim for service connection for fatigue disability
- CCK Secures Service Connection for Retinitis Pigmentosa in CUE Claim Dating Back to 1981
- Bursitis and Your Claim for VA Benefits
- How Do You Learn More About Your Disability Insurance Coverage?
- Life Insurance Claim Denials
- Can ERISA Lawyers Deal With My Insurance Company For Me?
- What Are Some Practical Tips That Can Help You Deal With the Insurance Company?
- The insurance company is calling me and sending me letters, should I speak with them?
Share this Post