Do You Need to Be Concerned About Disability Claim Deadlines?
Yes. Many disability insurance policies have important deadlines that you must meet. Missing a deadline such as the deadline for filing your claim, providing evidence of disability, or your appeal could result in loss of your benefits. Most important deadlines can be found in your policy or plan documents.
If you have more than one type of disability insurance coverage, for example, STD, LTD and life insurance with waiver of premium through your employer, you should identify the deadlines for making each claim. In some cases, these three benefits (and others) can be incorporated into the same plan, and may only require one application. However, this is often not the case: There may be different policies and plan-governing documents for each benefit. Each may have a different notice of claim deadline and different requirements for payment of benefits. If you are not sure about your deadlines, you should engage an experienced LTD attorney to investigate and advise you on your claim.
- 8 Tips for your VA Disability Claim or Appeal
- CAVC Remands Veteran’s Claim for Service Connection for Diabetes Based on Exposure
- Should I Appeal a Denied Claim or File a New VA Claim?
- CCK Successfully Appeals Board Decision to Deny Reopening Veteran’s Claim for Service Connection for Melanoma
- Should I File My VA Compensation Claim Online?
- Life Insurance Claim Denials
- Do You Have Disability Insurance Coverage?
- My Doctor Says I’m Disabled. Doesn’t the Insurance Company Have to Approve My LTD Claim?
- What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
- The insurance company is calling me and sending me letters, should I speak with them?
Share this Post