Long-Term Disability (LTD) Attorney Serving Worcester, MA
If you have developed a disabling medical condition and are unable to work, you may need to file for long-term disability benefits. This can be an overwhelming process, especially if you are trying to take care of a difficult medical condition at the same time. However, the legal team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD is here to help. We want to shoulder the burden of filing a claim for you and ensure you get the benefits you deserve.
We have attorneys serving in Worcester, MA who are ready to assist you with your claim no matter where you are in the long-term disability process. You can call us today at 800-544-9144 to speak with a member of our team for a free consultation.
How Can an Attorney Help with Your Long-Term Disability Claim?
While you can file your long-term disability claim out on your own, there are numerous benefits to having an attorney involved. Often, long-term disability policies have very specific definitions of disability you must meet to qualify as disabled from your job. The attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick will meticulously comb through your LTD policy to ensure no detail or requirement is missed. Our legal team has 33 years of collective experience working with numerous insurance companies and policies and know the kinds of evidence required to support your claim.
We also know that insurance companies do not always work in the sole interest of the claimant, and often operate in a way that will benefit their own business. They may seek to avoid paying claims wherever possible, which can lead to wrongful claim denials. Our attorneys understand how insurance companies operate, and have experience meeting their complicated requirements and strict deadlines. Missing a deadline can lead to a denial of benefits, so CCK will keep track of those deadlines to ensure none are overlooked. We work to make sure that every detail of your policy is met, taking the responsibility off your shoulders so that you are able to focus on your health condition.
Our Legal Team Will Prove That You Are Entitled to Long-Term Disability Benefits
To make sure you have the strongest possible case for long-term disability benefits, Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick attorneys will gather an array of evidence that proves your disability. While medical records are often the leading source for long-term disability claims, our legal team may determine that your case can be strengthened by additional types of sources. Such sources might include:
- Treating physician reports: Reports by your treating physician can be important to your claim because medical records do not always delineate the full extent of your health condition. A report of observations can outline the day-to-day symptoms you have discussed with your physician that are not highlighted in your official medical documentation.
- Impact statements from personal references: Statements from friends, family, and coworkers can bolster your claim because these relations have likely witnessed how your condition affects your daily life. Friends and family may be aware of how your condition impairs you at home, while coworkers may be able to provide insight as to how it impairs you at work. Such witness statements can be very helpful to your claim.
- Opinions from outside experts: It may be determined that your claim can be supported by additional opinions or examinations from unbiased experts. CCK works with professionals with vocational expertise who can evaluate your occupation and determine whether your impairment renders you unable to perform its duties and requirements. Additional examinations may also strengthen your claim. These may include functional capacity and neuropsychological tests.
CCK Wants to Make Filing for Long-Term Disability as Easy for You as Possible
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick knows that gathering all the evidence and documentation necessary for your long-term disability claim takes valuable time and energy. We want you to be able to spend your time taking care of your health instead of focusing on the stress of applying for long-term disability benefits.
Whether you are filing an initial claim or appealing a wrongful denial of benefits, CCK may be able to assist you. If your first claim has been denied, it can be crucial that you get strong evidence in during the appeal stage. The appeal stage may be your last chance to get evidence onto the record, especially if your claim is ERISA-governed.
Our attorneys know how to build the strongest possible case and will help gather the necessary evidence to solidify your claim. You can rest assured that no matter where you are in the process of filing for long-term disability, our legal team is able to help you fight for the compensation to which you are entitled.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick for a Free Consultation on Your Long-Term Disability Case
If you are suffering from a debilitating medical condition and are unable to work, you need to focus on taking care of your health. The attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick are available to help you by handling all aspects of your claim every step of the way. Our aim is to get you the benefits you deserve in an expedient and stress-free manner.
Our legal team serving Worcester, MA has the experience and expertise needed to carry out your claim no matter where you are in the application or appeal process. Whether it is privately purchased or ERISA-governed, we can help you with your claim. If you would like to see how we may be able to assist you with your specific claim, call us today at 800-544-9144 for an initial consultation at no cost to you.
Worcester Blog Posts
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD)
Coping with back conditions including degenerative disc disease can be difficult enough without the added stress of filing a long-term disability (LTD) claim. Unfortunately, the process is often difficult, time-consuming, and wrongful denials by the insurance companies are all too common. The team of attorneys and professionals at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick help clients fight […]
- Why Long-Term Disability Benefits May Be Terminated After Initial Approval
If you have a disabling health condition that keeps you out of work, you may be receiving long-term disability (LTD) benefits. While it is a relief to be approved after the process of filing a claim, it is important to keep in mind that an insurance company can still find a reason to terminate your […]
- Long-Term Disability Lump Sum Settlement Offers: What to Know
If you become disabled and are unable to work, you might qualify for long-term disability (LTD) insurance benefits. Long-term disability insurance protects a portion of your income in the event that a medical condition renders you unable to work. Once your LTD claim is approved, you will typically begin receiving monthly benefits. However, at some […]