Veteran (VA) Disability Lawyer Serving San Antonio, Texas
If you or a family member received a denial of veterans’ disability benefits, please do not give up. Our legal team may help you appeal this denial to get you the compensation you deserve.
We help veterans of all ages who served in the:
- S. Army
- Marine Corps
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
You have the right to have an attorney represent you through the challenging and sometimes intimidating VA appeals process. For a free consultation, call a veteran (VA) disability lawyer serving San Antonio, Texas from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD today: (800) 544-9144.
San Antonio, TX VA Regional Benefit Office(s)
San Antonio, TX VA Medical Center
We Create a Personalized Plan of Action for Your Appeal
Our veterans’ advocates represent veterans at every level of the VA disability appeals process.
Veteran (VA) disability lawyers, accredited claims agents, and veterans claims advocates with Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD create personalized plans that are designed to maximize the effectiveness of your VA appeal. This plan may include:
- Filing a supplemental claim with new and relevant evidence
- Requesting a higher-level review of your claim
- Filing a Notice of Disagreement to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals
- Filing an appeal to the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
VA appeals can be daunting, especially if you are appearing before a judge either in Washington, D.C. or via a teleconference at your VA regional office. Let a veterans’ advocate protect your rights. For a free consultation, call (844) 549-4500.
What VA Looks for in an Effective Appeal
It is possible that you received a denial for benefits because you did not include the three elements that the VA requires for disability compensation:
- An illness, injury, or event that occurred while you were in service.
- A current diagnosis of your medical condition from a qualified healthcare professional.
- A medical link, or nexus, between your in-service injury or illness and your current diagnosis.
Veterans’ Advocates with Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD will collect evidence of a medical link between your in-service injury or illness and your current diagnosis. It is vital that you have a well-documented appeal.
For a free consultation about your case, call (844)-549-4500.
How We Build the Basis for Your Appeal
There are many steps to gathering the necessary documentation to support your appeal. Veterans disability attorneys and advocates with our firm have a deep understanding of what may be needed to achieve a successful resolution for you and your family.
VA looks for relevant information that shows a link between your diagnosed health condition and your military service.
Our attorneys and advocates will:
- Review your medical records, both military and civilian, and your service records.
- Obtain expert reports or opinions about your diagnosed condition from medical and vocational professionals, if necessary.
- Help draft or obtain lay testimony from you or your family members, service buddies, or other persons who may be able to support your claim for benefits.
We will ensure that any supplemental claims have new and relevant information. Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD has the experience and resources to appeal your wrongfully denied benefits.
Why Your Combined Disability Rating Matters
A veterans (VA) disability lawyer serving San Antonio will fight to obtain the correct evaluation of your medical condition. VA assigns each disability a rating on a scale of zero to 100 in increments of 10 to determine your disability benefits. Then, using a formula, VA combines your individual ratings into your combined disability rating. The higher your combined disability rating, the higher your monthly benefits may be.
As of December 1st, 2021 the VA disability rate benefit amounts are as follows:
- 0 percent disability rating: $0.00 per month
- 10 percent disability rating: $152.64 per month
- 20 percent disability rating: $301.74 per month
- 30 percent disability rating: $467.39 per month
- 40 percent disability rating: $673.28 per month
- 50 percent disability rating: $958.44 per month
- 60 percent disability rating: $1,214.03 per month
- 70 percent disability rating: $1,529.95 per month
- 80 percent disability rating: $1,778.43 per month
- 90 percent disability rating: $1,998.52 per month
- 100 percent disability rating: $3,332.06 per month
You do not have to show financial need to be considered for VA disability benefits. You may also still be able to work and receive compensation. In some cases, you may qualify for increased benefits if you have a combined disability rating of at least 30 percent and have children, dependent parents, or a spouse who are financially dependent on you.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD invites you to call to learn more about our veterans’ disability legal services. Call (844)-549-4500.
You Served Our Country, Allow Us to Serve You
If you received a denial of benefits, contact a veteran (VA) disability lawyer serving San Antonio, Texas from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD. Consultations to determine if we can assist are always free, and our lawyers work on a contingency basis. We don’t get paid unless we are successful in getting you the benefits you rightfully deserve.
For a free consultation, call (844)-549-4500.
San Antonio Blog Posts
- CCK Uncovers Memo Used By VA To Wrongly Deny Claims Of Thailand Veterans
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) forced VA to make public for all veterans the memorandum used to deny many Thailand veterans’ claims based upon exposure to Agent Orange and/or herbicides. CCK did this through a Freedom of Information Request. The document entitled MEMORANDUM FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS dated August 11, 2015 shows […]
- VA To Establish Presumptive Service Connection For Camp Lejeune Veterans (1953-1987)
VA has stated that they intend to establish presumptive service connection for eight diseases associated with contaminated water at Camp Lejeune between 1953 and 1987, including: Kidney Cancer Liver Cancer Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma Scleroderma Parkinson’s Disease Aplastic Anemia Myelodysplastic Syndromes Officials from VA determined that the diseases or conditions were caused by exposure to contaminated water […]
- Harvard Law School Partners With Chisholm, Chisholm & Kilpatrick To Launch Veterans Legal Clinic
Boston, Massachusetts: The Providence, Rhode Island law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick is partnering with Harvard Law School’s new Veterans Legal Clinic to help address the vast unmet legal needs of veterans. With a huge increase in recent years in the number of combat veterans, and an aging veteran population in declining health, the […]