Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Pelham, NY
Developing a medical condition that prevents you from working can be stressful. If you have a long-term disability (LTD) insurance policy, then you must consider filing for such monthly benefits. However, obtaining these benefits in Pelham, NY can be challenging. Yet this is not something you must handle on your own.
A long-term disability lawyer serving Pelham, NY from CCK can help you at any stage of the LTD claims and appeals process. CCK has been helping long-term disability claimants acquire their benefits for over 20 years. As a result, we know how frustrating this process can be and want to help. Call CCK today at 800-544-9144 for a free case evaluation.
Consulting a Long-Term Disability Lawyer Is Beneficial for Your Pelham, NY Claim
Whether you are filing your initial claim with an insurance company, appealing a denial or termination of your monthly benefits, or litigating in court, the LTD process can be overwhelming. There is a myriad of documentation and evidence that claimants must procure and submit by specific filing deadlines. This can be difficult to effectively manage when you are also attending medical appointments to treat your condition. CCK can handle all aspects of your LTD claim and/or appeal so that you may focus on your health.
We help our clients in several ways, including:
- Tracking all filing deadlines;
- Ensuring all group policies are compliant with ERISA;
- Reviewing and submitting all documentation, including the claim forms;
- Collecting and submitting all evidence;
- Acting as a point of contact between our clients and their doctors to gather important medical evidence;
- And more.
In short, CCK can handle all aspects of your claim. We do not believe you should have to stress about receiving your benefits. We will shoulder this burden for you. Disability laws, such as ERISA, can be difficult to maneuver, but our team has the necessary experience to help you navigate this process.
CCK Can Gather and Submit All Supplemental Evidence for Your LTD Claim
Medical records are most claimants’ primary source of evidence to prove their condition or illness meets their policy’s definition of disability. However, some claims require additional proof. CCK can collect and submit this evidence on your behalf. This supplemental evidence can include:
- Specialized reports from treating physicians: Your doctors have unique insights into how your condition affects you. Thus, it is vital to maintain open communication with them during treatment. A specialized report from them can highlight key aspects of your condition that ordinary medical records do not.
- Witness statements from family, friends, and co-workers: Others often see how your condition impairs you. For example, family and friends see how your condition prevents you from doing daily tasks at home. Co-workers can explain how you are unable to perform the duties of your job. Witness statements from these individuals can bolster your claim for LTD benefits.
- Additional medical and vocational evaluations: CCK works with several outside experts who can provide your Pelham, NY disability claim with much-needed objective evidence, such as functional capacity tests; neuropsychological assessments; and vocational evaluations.
Let Us Alleviate the Stress of Dealing with the Insurance Company
The disability rate in Pelham, NY is 2.6 percent. As such, some individuals in Pelham may be facing the reality of having to deal with an insurance company. These companies — such as Unum, Aetna, and Prudential — do not want to approve long-term disability claims if they can help it. While they should handle every LTD claim neutrally, this is often not the reality claimants face. Each year, disability insurers deny claims and make the process more complicated and stressful than it needs to be. CCK understands this and wants to help.
Insurance companies often incessantly ask for more information from LTD claimants. CCK can act as a point of contact between you and your insurer so that all correspondence goes through us first. This frees up your time to focus on managing your condition.
We can also submit all documentation and evidence on your behalf to your insurer so that you do not have to directly deal with them for most of the process. Additionally, we ensure that your insurer receives everything on time. If you are appealing a denial or termination of benefits, then CCK can help with all aspects of your appeal. We can review your insurer’s denial letter, request and review your claim file, submit your appeal on your behalf, litigate in court if necessary, and more.
Contact CCK Today for a Free Case Evaluation
Obtaining long-term disability benefits in Pelham, New York can be challenging, but it is not something you need to do on your own. Our long-term disability lawyers have over 30 years of combined experience dealing with insurance companies and know what they look for in a successful claim, and we may be able to help you with yours.
Call CCK today at 800-544-9144 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team. We will analyze your case and determine if we can assist you.
Pelham Blog Posts
- What Happens to Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits If I Lose My Job?
Long-term disability (LTD) benefits are important for those who have a medical condition that prevents them from working. These benefits protect a percentage of a person’s income, usually between 60 and 80 percent of their pre-disability earnings. Yet what happens if they lose their job while receiving benefits? Generally, when you lose your job, it […]
- When Does Long-Term Disability Start?
People suffer from medical conditions that impact their ability to work every day. When you are unable to work for an extended period of time due to an illness or injury, it can become overwhelming. You may worry about how you are going to provide for yourself and your family. If you have long-term disability […]
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims for Heart Surgeons
Heart surgeons, also known as cardiac surgeons, specialize in the surgical treatment of the heart and its surrounding blood vessels. Many people rely on these highly trained and specialized doctors. When a heart surgeon develops a medical condition that impairs their ability to work, they can potentially put their patients at risk. Therefore, it is […]