What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
Although there are exceptions, most disability, life, health and long-term care policies, as well as pension benefits, provided by your employer are covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). This federal statute usually pre-empts state laws designed to protect consumers and creates significant (but not insurmountable) hurdles for claimants seeking benefits to which they were promised. If your LTD claim is denied, it is a good idea to consultant with an experienced ERISA lawyer.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Cardiovascular Disease
- Getting Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Why ERISA Was Enacted And How It Should Benefit You Today
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Share this Post