What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
Although there are exceptions, most disability, life, health and long-term care policies, as well as pension benefits, provided by your employer are covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). This federal statute usually pre-empts state laws designed to protect consumers and creates significant (but not insurmountable) hurdles for claimants seeking benefits to which they were promised. If your LTD claim is denied, it is a good idea to consultant with an experienced ERISA lawyer.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD)
- Why Long-Term Disability Benefits May Be Terminated After Initial Approval
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Cardiovascular Disease
- How Long Do Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits Last?
- Getting Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Mechanical Back Pain
Share this Post