What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
Although there are exceptions, most disability, life, health and long-term care policies, as well as pension benefits, provided by your employer are covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). This federal statute usually pre-empts state laws designed to protect consumers and creates significant (but not insurmountable) hurdles for claimants seeking benefits to which they were promised. If your LTD claim is denied, it is a good idea to consultant with an experienced ERISA lawyer.
- Persian Gulf War Veterans and Benefits Available
- VA Benefits for Agent Orange – What Veterans Can Receive When It Comes to Exposure
- VA Disability Benefits for Drinking Water Contaminated with PFAS
- FAQ Friday: Aid and Attendance Benefits (A&A)
- Burial Benefits for Veterans and Eligibility
- What Do Lawyers Need to Evaluate My ERISA Case?
- How Can I Get Advice for Dealing With My ERISA LTD Insurance?
- How Will I Pay for My ERISA Disability Lawyer?
- Can ERISA Lawyers Deal With My Insurance Company For Me?