Areas of Practice
- ERISA Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Health Insurance
- Individual Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Insurance Disputes
- Life Insurance
Leah F. Small
Leah joined CCK in September of 2016 an Associate Attorney in the firm’s litigation practice and now serves as a Supervising Attorney. Leah’s practice focuses on representing individuals in the application, appeal, and litigation of life, health, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance benefits under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and under private insurance contracts. Leah’s practice also includes litigation of personal injury, business, and contract disputes in both state and federal court.
Leah received her J.D., cum laude, from Boston University School of Law in 2016 after earning her B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude, from the University of Rhode Island in 2013. During law school, she served as a staff member on the Boston University Law Review, and gained practical experience as a legal intern at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick and the Rhode Island Office of the Attorney General. She also worked as a judicial extern in the chambers of the Honorable O. Rogeriee Thompson of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Effective Communication and Long-Term Disability Claims
May 30, 2018
Chronic Back Pain Symptoms and How They Can Impact Your Ability to Work
April 2, 2017
- VA Schedule for Rating Disabilities
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and VA Individual Unemployability (TDIU)
- Neurobehavioral Effects of Camp Lejeune Contaminated Water Exposure
- Is VA’s New AMA Appeals System Better for Veterans? It Depends.
- VA Disability Claims List: What Conditions Can Veterans Claim?