Disability Policy Advice
Advice on Your Disability Policy
If you are disabled and unable to work, it can be difficult to know what to do. Your employer may have provided long term disability (LTD) insurance or you may have your own private LTD insurance. These policies are often difficult to understand and can raise a wide range of questions:
- What is covered under my policy?
- Does my disability qualify me for coverage?
- When and how do I make my claim?
- What do I do if my claim is denied?
At the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our attorneys can answer these questions for you and help you obtain the coverage you need.
Knowledgeable Advice and Guidance
Our background knowledge and experience regarding ERISA and private disability insurance claims make us uniquely suited to advise clients on issues before claims are made and, regrettably, often denied. These issues often include:
- Own occupation vs. any occupation coverage
- Offset or “other income” such as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), pension or other earnings
- Total disability vs. partial disability
- Limitations of coverage based on mental illness, self-reported symptoms or limitations due to conditions of the spine
- Standard of review in court
- Bad faith
- Punitive damages
- Availability of attorneys’ fees
Skilled at analyzing insurance policies and knowledgeable in the applicable long-term disability insurance laws, we can provide you with the advice you need to make informed decisions regarding your claim.
Contact Our Lawyers to Learn More About Your Policy
When you speak with our lawyers, we can provide you with a straightforward assessment of your case. Whether you are considering filing a claim for disability or have been denied coverage and want to know your options, we can help you. Contact our law firm to schedule a consultation or call us at 401-331-6300.
- Independent Medical Exams (IME) for Long-Term Disability Claims
- Long-Term Disability Claims for Finance and Banking Professionals
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD)
- Phlebitis and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- How Long Do Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits Last?
- My Doctor Says I’m Disabled. Doesn’t the Insurance Company Have to Approve My LTD Claim?
- What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
- What Is Disability Insurance?
- What Are Some Common Disability Coverage Limitations?
- Do You Need to Be Concerned About Disability Claim Deadlines?
Share this Post