Advice on Your Disability Policy
If you are disabled and unable to work, it can be difficult to know what to do. Your employer may have provided long term disability (LTD) insurance or you may have your own private LTD insurance. These policies are often difficult to understand and can raise a wide range of questions:
- What is covered under my policy?
- Does my disability qualify me for coverage?
- When and how do I make my claim?
- What do I do if my claim is denied?
At the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our attorneys can answer these questions for you and help you obtain the coverage you need.
Knowledgeable Advice and Guidance
Our background knowledge and experience regarding ERISA and private disability insurance claims make us uniquely suited to advise clients on issues before claims are made and, regrettably, often denied. These issues often include:
- Own occupation vs. any occupation coverage
- Offset or “other income” such as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), pension or other earnings
- Total disability vs. partial disability
- Limitations of coverage based on mental illness, self-reported symptoms or limitations due to conditions of the spine
- Standard of review in court
- Bad faith
- Punitive damages
- Availability of attorneys’ fees
Skilled at analyzing insurance policies and knowledgeable in the applicable long-term disability insurance laws, we can provide you with the advice you need to make informed decisions regarding your claim.
Contact Our Lawyers to Learn More About Your Policy
When you speak with our lawyers, we can provide you with a straightforward assessment of your case. Whether you are considering filing a claim for disability or have been denied coverage and want to know your options, we can help you. Contact our law firm to schedule a consultation or call us at 401-331-6300.
« Return to the ERISA & Insurance Litigation Resource Center
- How Can I Get Advice for Dealing With My ERISA LTD Insurance?
- What Do You Do If Your Benefits Have Been Wrongly Denied?
- Can ERISA Lawyers Deal With My Insurance Company For Me?
- Do You Have Disability Insurance Coverage?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »