If you are living with post-traumatic stress disorder caused by military service, you may be entitled to VA disability compensation for this condition. The process of obtaining service-connected disability benefits, however, can be stressful and take years to navigate. Fortunately, a qualified VA disability attorney can help you obtain veterans (VA) disability for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
The VA disability attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD will fight on your behalf in pursuit of VA benefits so you that you can focus all of your energy on recovering from your PTSD and reclaiming your life. We have extensive experience representing clients in VA disability cases, and we will put our knowledge and vast resources to work aggressively pursuing your case. Call our office today for a free consultation: 401-331-6300.
HOW CAN I QUALIFY FOR VA BENEFITS FOR PTSD?
Navigating the VA disability process can be difficult, and you will need to build a compelling case to have the best chance of obtaining the benefits you need. As your veterans disability advocates, we gather substantial evidence on your behalf to build a strong case that supports the maximum amount of benefits to which you are entitled.
Your monthly benefit amount is based on how severe the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) believes your condition is, which is gauged by the frequency and severity of symptoms. VA acknowledges that these symptoms can impact social factors, such as family relationships, and the ability to maintain gainful employment. To qualify for VA disability benefits for PTSD, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have been discharged under other than dishonorable conditions;
- You must have a diagnosis of PTSD;
- Your symptoms must be tied to a traumatic event, or “stressor,” that occurred during your military service;
- You must have documented medical evidence from a medical professional that the in-service stressor is what caused your PTSD.
HOW DOES VA RATE PTSD?
The amount you receive in monthly benefits depends on the disability rating assigned for your PTSD. When the VA issues a grant of benefits, it assigns a disability rating. PTSD ratings can range from 0 to 100 percent: 10, 30, 50, 70, or 100. Posttraumatic stress disorder is rated using the general rating formula for mental health disorders, which can be found at 36 C.F.R § 4.130:
HOW MUCH MONEY CAN I RECEIVE IN VA DISABILITY BENEFITS FOR PTSD?
Each disability rating percentage increment on VA’s rating schedule corresponds to a different monthly benefit amount. The higher the disability rating, the more a veteran receives in monthly compensation. As of 2019, single veterans with PTSD can expect to receive the following amounts after a grant of VA benefits:
- 0% disability rating: $0.00 per month
- 10% disability rating: $140.05 per month
- 30% disability rating: $428.83 per month
- 50% disability rating: $879.36 per month
- 70% disability rating: $1,403.71 per month
- 100 disability rating: $3,057.13 per month
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR DEPENDENTS
Veterans with conditions rated at least 30% disabling can qualify to receive additional benefits for dependents in their household, such as a spouse, child, or dependent parent. For example, if a veteran has a 100 percent disability rating with a dependent spouse, they can receive up to $3,139.67 each month (compared to $2,973.86 for a veteran alone).
HOW CAN A QUALIFIED VA BENEFITS ATTORNEY HELP ME GET THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF BENEFITS?
The VA is a large, bureaucratic administration not known for efficiency or transparency, and the decisions it makes are not always correct. Many veterans with legitimate service-related medical conditions get denied the first time they apply for benefits. If you receive a denial, the appeals process can be lengthy and difficult. The experienced VA disability attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can assist you with the appeals process. Over 25 years of experience representing veterans has given us the knowledge of exactly how to deal with the VA and its complexities.
The consultation is always free, so call our office today at 401-331-6300. We look forward to putting our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »