Dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder caused by military service often requires intensive treatment. The process of obtaining service-connected disability benefits can be stressful and take years to navigate. Fortunately, a qualified VA disability attorney can help you obtain veterans (VA) disability for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
The VA disability attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD will fight on your behalf for VA benefits so you can focus all your energy on recovering from your PTSD and reclaiming your life. We have extensive experience representing clients in VA disability cases, and we will put our knowledge and vast resources to work aggressively pursuing your case. Call our office today for a free consultation: 401-331-6300.
How can I qualify for VA benefits for PTSD?
Unfortunately, many veterans have faced difficulty getting VA disability benefits for PTSD. However, circumstances have improved in recent years as better understanding and awareness of the condition has become more widespread. In 2010, the government passed regulations to help ease the burden of veterans applying for disability benefits for PTSD.
That said, the process remains difficult, and you will need to build a compelling case to have the best chance of obtaining the benefits you need. Moreover, your monthly benefit amount is based on how severe the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) believes your condition is. As your veterans disability advocates, we gather substantial evidence on your behalf to build a strong case that supports the maximum amount of benefits to which you are entitled.
To qualify for VA disability benefits for PTSD, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a diagnosis of PTSD.
- Your symptoms must be tied to a traumatic event, or “stressor,” that occurred during your military service.
- You must have documented medical evidence from a medical professional that the in-service stressor is what caused your PTSD.
How much money can I receive in VA disability benefits for PTSD?
The amount you receive in monthly benefits depends on the disability rating assigned for your PTSD. When the VA issues a grant of benefits, it also assigns a disability rating. This rating can range between 0 to 100 percent: 10, 30, 50, 70, or 100.
The more severe your PTSD, the higher your disability rating will be. It is important to submit evidence demonstrating the severity of your PTSD to ensure you get the highest rating possible. The difference in compensation between a low and a high disability rating can amount to hundreds, even thousands, of dollars per month.
For example, a 10 percent disability rating provides you $136.24 per month, while a 100 percent disability rating provides $2,973.86 per month.
When assigning your disability rating, the VA takes into consideration the severity of your PTSD and the extent to which it affects your work and daily living activities.
Benefits for Dependents
A disability rating of 30 percent or above qualifies you to receive additional benefits for dependents in your household, such as a spouse, children, or dependent parents.
If you have a 100 percent disability rating and have a spouse, you can receive up to $3,139.67 each month (compared to $2,973.86 for a veteran alone). If you have a 100 percent disability rating with a spouse, one child, and two dependent parents, you can receive $3,527.22 per month.
How can a qualified VA benefits attorney help me get the maximum amount of benefits?
The VA is a large, bureaucratic administration not known for efficiency or transparency. The decisions it makes often seem random, and many veterans with legitimate service-related medical conditions get denied the first time they apply for benefits. If you receive a denial, the appeals process can be lengthy and difficult. The last thing you need when dealing with PTSD is the added stress of going up against the VA alone.
The VA disability attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can remove this stress from your life by putting it all on our shoulders. We handle everything for you.
We will gather all the evidence including your military records, medical history, and any other documentation we need to build the strongest case. Over 25 years of experience has given us the knowledge of exactly how to deal with the VA and its complexities. And we know the process is long, so we will be sure to update you regularly throughout the entire process, so you never have to wonder what is happening with your claim.
The consultation is always free, so call our office today at 401-331-6300.. We look forward to putting our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »