If you have been involved in a South Kingston, RI car accident, you might be suffering serious injuries, taking care of children or family members who were injured in the crash, dealing with the loss of your vehicle and other personal property, and facing extensive medical bills.
If another party caused the accident, a car accident lawyer serving South Kingston, RI can help you recover the compensation you need to get your life back on track. At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our lawyers help car accident victims receive the compensation they deserve from the insurance company, and put their lives back together with minimal stress and frustration.
If you have been in an accident, the ensuing weeks and months can be challenging, filled with doctor’s appointments and insurance company calls, body shop estimates, and more. Our attorneys can take the burden of dealing with the insurance company off your shoulders and put it on ours, working to bring your claim to a favorable resolution while you focus on what is most important: your health and recovery.
We offer a free consultation, and our attorneys get paid only for results, meaning we recover compensation only if you do. Call 401-331-6300 today for your free consultation.
We Handle Your Car Accident Claim from Start to Finish
The attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD understand the elements of a successful claim. We want to put our tools and resources to work on your case, helping you win compensation for your injuries and property damages.
When you work with one of our car accident lawyers serving South Kingston, RI, you can expect the following:
- A thorough claim investigation: We probe your accident thoroughly, uncovering exactly what happened, who the responsible parties are, and what evidence we need to prove your case.
- Gathering of evidence: We collect all the evidence we need to pursue a successful claim, including police reports, photos, surveillance footage, witness statements, and if appropriate, accident reconstruction.
- Tough negotiation: We know how to fight the insurance companies and demand compensation for our clients.
- Trial litigation: If we deem it appropriate in your case, we will file a lawsuit and we are not afraid to take your case all the way to a jury trial.
Let Us Deal With the Insurance Company
Insurance companies want you to settle with them before you talk to us. To entice you to do so, they might call shortly after the accident, dangling a fast settlement offer in front of you, hoping you will take it to get money in your pocket quickly.
By accepting this quick settlement, you might receive less compensation than you deserve. Before taking the insurance company’s call, keep in mind a few things:
Many Insurance Companies Operate for Profit
Like any business, an insurance company wants to maximize the money coming in and limit the money that it has to pay out for claims and other expenses. The insurance company’s business interest could result in the insurance company wrongly paying you less than you deserve or denying your claim altogether.
The Insurance Company Employs Highly Skilled Negotiators
Because the settlement process is so important to an insurance company financially, it employs skilled negotiators to deal with accident victims, sometimes using tough tactics to convince them to accept an offer that almost certainly pays less than the victim deserves.
One of these tactics is offering a quick settlement. Insurance companies also ask you for recorded statements. While the insurance company has a right to investigate the accident, you should speak with a lawyer before you speak with the insurance company. Anything you say to the insurance company can be used against you. For example, if the insurance adjuster asks how you are doing and you say that “you are okay” because you don’t want to sound like a complainer, the adjuster might take that to mean that you are not seriously injured. However, you may have meant that you are doing okay, but you are still dealing with your accident injuries. You should speak to a lawyer before speaking with the insurance company.
A car accident lawyer who has experience dealing with insurance companies’ negotiators can help protect you and maximize your compensation.
You Are Entitled to Attorney Representation
The insurance company could try to convince you that you do not need a car accident attorney to help you with your claim. While the law does not require you to hire an attorney, hiring one can protect your claim and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
We Fight for You So That You Can Recover Your Damages
As we investigate your accident, we can calculate the damages you are eligible to receive and come up with a dollar figure representing what your claim is worth. It might include any of the following damages:
- Current and future medical costs;
- Lost wages;
- Reduced earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering.
Our attorneys also understand Rhode Island car accident laws, which includes comparative negligence in cases of shared fault. Put simply, we can help you recover damages from the other party even if you were partially at fault for the crash.
For a Free Consultation with a Member of the CCK Team, Call 401-331-6300 Today
The attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD are here to help Rhode Island car accident victims. To set up a free consultation, call us today at 401-331-6300 to see if we can help you.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »