Car Accident Lawyer Serving East Greenwich, RI
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a car accident in East Greenwich, RI, you are probably feeling a whirlwind of emotions. It is normal to feel angry, scared, and uncertain about what is to come. But you do not need to handle the aftermath alone. A car accident lawyer serving East Greenwich, RI from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD is here to navigate the process with you.
Call today for a free consultation with a member of our team today: 401-331-6300.
What Can I Expect to Recover After an East Greenwich Accident?
The effects of an accident differ from person to person. You might be anticipating expensive medical bills, but that is often only the beginning of the struggle for a car accident victim. In some cases, injuries require long-term or even lifetime care.
Missing work to recover from your injuries can result in lost wages, making it difficult to pay your regular bills.
If your injuries will keep you out of work for an extended period of time or cause you to permanently lose the ability to work, you may have no way to keep your family afloat.
If you relied on the income from a loved one killed in an accident, you must adjust not only to that person not being in your life but also to the loss of financial support.
Then there are noneconomic losses, ones you cannot quantify in dollar terms. A car accident can cause intense physical and emotional pain and suffering. You may have developed anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder. If you lost a loved one, you are likely feeling intense emotional anguish.
How Do You Maximize Compensation in Your Car Accident Case?
All of these are compensable. However, to recover this compensation, you usually must deal with the other party’s insurer. And while the insurer should be trying to help you, this is rarely the case. In fact, in most cases, they will actively fight against you to save money. The CCK team can help maximize your compensation. We will also look for additional insurance coverage available under your insurance policies called uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Legal Team Fights for Car Accident Victims’ Rights
The team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD focuses on representing car accident victims. We have helped many clients in and around East Greenwich. We know Rhode Island laws and can navigate them to fight for the best outcome in your case.
A car accident lawyer from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can help you with the following and more:
- Investigating your accident, gathering evidence, and filing a successful claim. This could involve examining crash reports, interviewing witnesses, reviewing photos and video evidence, consulting with experts to reconstruct your accident, or bringing in expert witnesses.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. Forget about what you see in the car insurance ads on television. Insurance companies might be friendly when signing you up or when calling you right after an accident, but once negotiations begin, the relationship could turn adversarial in a hurry. The bottom line is, they want to pay you as little as possible. Using the evidence we gathered in our investigation, we fight aggressively for the compensation you deserve.
- Protecting your rights related to the crash. Our attorneys know how to win in out-of-court negotiations as well as in front of a jury. Wherever your case ends up, you can be confident you have diligent and dedicated attorneys in your corner.
Many car accident victims come to us because they are concerned about compensation. They are afraid the insurance company will not pay them what they deserve, and rightly so.
But maximizing our clients’ compensation is our focus. At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, you are not just another case file. We take recovering compensation for you seriously.
What Should I Do If the Insurance Company Calls Me?
Soon after your accident, your insurer or the other party’s insurer may call you for a recorded statement. Speak with us before you speak with the insurance company. Even something as innocent as saying “I’m okay” could be twisted into an admission that you are not injured.
To Schedule a Free Consultation, Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick at 401-331-6300
East Greenwich Blog Posts
- Will My Car Accident Case Go to Court?
Most car accident personal injury claims settle before going to trial in court, but not all do. A car accident case may go to court if the parties, you and the insurance company, cannot agree to settle your claim. This can happen if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement or if the […]
- Do I Need a Lawyer If I Got Catastrophic Injuries In a Car Accident?
If you have a catastrophic car accident injury, you may be entitled to significant benefits from the insurance company. Some people come away from a car accident without any significant injuries, while others can sustain life-threatening injuries and be permanently disabled. For those catastrophically injured from a car accident, medical bills might be piling high […]
- Rhode Island Speeding Law Violations
Many people drive over the speed limit and risk accident and injury to the drivers around them, and themselves. Although speeding can seem harmless, it can cause serious injury and damage in the event of a crash. If you were in a car accident where someone violated a Rhode Island speeding law, you may be […]