Car accidents and their aftermath are often quite traumatic. Your medical expenses, car repairs, and other bills can be a big financial hit. In the meantime, you are trying to recover from your injuries and get back to your normal routine. This can be very difficult if you are also trying to recover the compensation you need to pay for your injuries.
A car accident lawyer serving Lincoln, RI from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can take over the injury claims process for you, allowing you to focus on your recovery. Call 401-331-6300 for a free consultation.
Compensation to Which You Might Be Entitled
The physical injuries from a car accident may be immediately evident, but other damages are often harder to detect. You may end up missing time at work while you recover from your injuries or attend physical therapy. If a loved one is lost, you may have to deal with loss of companionship and emotional pain and suffering.
You may even suffer from a temporary or permanent disability because of your accident. To make sure you do not leave any money on the table, our car accident lawyers will review every aspect of your case to determine whether you might be entitled to any of the following damages:
- Medical bills for doctor visits, hospital stays, ambulance costs, and other medical care
- Medical testing, such as X-rays or MRIs
- Medical equipment, (e.g., wheelchair, crutches, etc.)
- Prescription drug costs related to your injuries
- Loss of income
- Lost earning capacity (if your injuries require you to switch careers or you permanently lose the ability to work)
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium and companionship if your spouse was injured or killed
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Note: The insurance company might offer you a settlement soon after your accident. While it may be tempting to accept this settlement to get money quicker, it will likely be much lower than you need. It can be a good idea to speak with a lawyer before accepting an offer to settle your personal injury claims.
Get Help with the Insurance Claims Process in Lincoln, Rhode Island
The insurance claims process is not always straightforward and simple. Sometimes issues can arise, such as when the other side claims you caused the accident.
If there are no impartial witnesses or surveillance video to support your account of the accident, your claim could be denied or the insurance company could try to pay you less for your injuries. We investigate our client’s accidents and gather evidence to determine how the accident happened. If the other party is responsible, we will use the evidence to explain why the other party’s insurer must pay for your accident losses.
In addition to the tasks above, we also handle the following:
- Gathering evidence relating to the accident and your injuries
- Filing your claim for you
- Ensuring you meet any deadlines
- Negotiating with the insurance company with the goal of increasing the amount of money that you receive
- Taking your case to trial if appropriate
- Helping you understand and file legal and insurance paperwork
If You Wait Too Long, You Might Be Unable to Recover Any Compensation. Get Started Today.
Many car accident victims are not sure what they should do after an accident. And it can be easy to forget about or put off your accident claim while you recover from your injuries. But if you wait too long, the state may bar you from recovering compensation. This means you might be left with thousands of dollars’ worth of losses and no way to pay them.
Rhode Island has a three (3) year statute of limitations on most personal injury claims. R.I.G.L. § 9-1-14 That means that if you are not able to settle your car accident claim, you have to sue the individuals who are responsible for your injuries in court before three years have passed since the date that you were injured. Statute of limitations rules can be complicated. You should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. We advise our clients on the statute of limitations and other important deadlines and make sure that our clients do not miss them.
While three years might seem like a considerable amount of time, it goes by fast. Memories fade quickly. Witnesses might move away, or evidence could be lost. Wait too long and your chances of recovering the compensation you need to pay your bills and keep your family afloat could be lost, too. Don’t delay in contacting us for a free consultation to see if we can help you.
Call Today for a FREE Consultation with a Member of the CCK Team
To make the aftermath of a crash a bit easier, we offer free consultations to all Lincoln, RI car accident victims. We will determine whether we can help.
And if we take your car accident personal injury case, we handle it on a contingency fee basis. This means it costs you nothing upfront to hire us. You do not pay us anything until you recover compensation for your injuries and other losses.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »