Car Accident Lawyer Serving Tiverton, RI
Car accidents often lead to substantial injury, which can cause considerable financial strain, particularly if your injuries are so severe that they require ongoing or permanent care. Also, if you are unable to work on a short- or long-term basis due to your injuries, the lack of income can add to your financial stress. Lastly, the physical pain and suffering and the emotional anguish that can result from a car accident should not be underestimated.
If someone else was partly or fully responsible for your car accident, you deserve compensation for both your economic losses, such as medical bills and lost income, and noneconomic losses, such as physical and emotional pain. A car accident lawyer serving Tiverton, RI can fight for your rights and help maximize your compensation.
The approach we take at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD is simple – we handle our clients’ claims the way that we would want our own claims handled. We handle car accident cases on a contingency basis. This means you do not need to worry about how you will pay us. We only get paid if you do. And the consultation is always free with no obligation. Call us today to learn more about how our personal injury lawyers can help you: 401-331-6300.
We Often Must Prove Negligence to Recover Compensation
Car accidents can occur for dozens of reasons, but most of those involve negligence on the part of at least one party. At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, we investigate your accident and determine the factors that led to it. This lets us identify the responsible party or parties and gather evidence to show how they were negligent.
Common types of negligence we see that lead to car accidents include the following:
- Speeding: Speeding drivers often cause accidents when they are unable to stop in time to avoid obstructions or slower-moving drivers. We might be able to use witness statements to prove a driver was speeding. In appropriate cases, we can use the results of an accident reconstruction to determine how fast the driver was going when they hit you.
- Failure to obey a traffic control device: A driver who runs a stop sign or red light or fails to yield right-of-way can be responsible for a crash. If your crash happened in an intersection, we might be able to use red-light camera footage to prove the driver ran the light or failed to yield right-of-way.
- Following too closely: Rear-end collisions could be the fault of the rear driver not keeping a safe following distance.
- Reckless driving: Swerving in and out of lanes, cutting off other drivers, and excessive speeding could all qualify as reckless driving. If another driver saw the at-fault driver behaving this way just prior to the accident, it can bolster our case that reckless driving caused your accident.
- Distracted driving: If we find evidence that the other driver was texting or engaging in other distracting behavior, we can use it to establish proof of negligence.
- Drunk or drugged driving: Drunk and drugged driving is negligence and can be used to establish liability. In many cases, the results of toxicology screening or charges for impaired driving are contained in the police report.
The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Team Battles the Insurance Company to Get You Paid
Regardless who is responsible for your accident, chances are, the insurance company pays the funds that compensate you. Rhode Island requires all drivers to carry insurance.
Insurance companies can be difficult to deal with. Their commercials paint them as always helpful; however, many insurance companies operate for profit. One effective way to maximize profit is to pay out as little as possible when a client makes a claim. Of course, the insurance company must have a good reason to deny or reduce your claim. For that, it employs entire departments whose job is to find such a reason.
In our work representing Rhode Island car accident victims, the CCK team has faced off against many insurance companies. We know the tactics they use; we are prepared for them.
Our Attorneys Fight to Maximize Your Damages
If you accept an insurance company settlement offer before speaking with an attorney, you might receive damages that are nowhere near what you deserve. We work to identify every type of damages that our clients are eligible for, both economic and noneconomic, including:
- Current and future medical bills: Some car accident injuries require a lifetime of care.
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity: We work to get you compensation for work-related income you lose due to the crash.
- Pain and suffering: You deserve compensation for your pain and suffering and we fight aggressively for it.
Call 401-331-6300 for a Free Consultation with a Member of a CCK Team
Our team wants to help you recover compensation for your car accident injuries. Call 401-331-6300 today for a free consultation. And remember, it costs nothing upfront to hire a lawyer, so you do not need to worry about a thing. Let us take this burden off your shoulders.
Tiverton Blog Posts
- Pedestrian Fatalities on the Rise
The number of pedestrians fatally injured in motor vehicle accidents has seen a sharp rise in recent years. According to The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, pedestrian fatalities rose 46% between 2009 and 2016, the highest rate since George H.W. Bush’s presidency in the early 1990s. In 2009, pedestrian fatalities were just above 4,000 whereas […]
- Worst Times to Drive in Rhode Island
Although a majority of the miles driven in Rhode Island do not involve a car accident, they do still occur. Certain times of the year, week, and day are statistically more dangerous to drive than others due to varying factors such as an increased number of vehicles on the road, the weather, and when impaired […]
- Do I Need a Lawyer If I Got Catastrophic Injuries In a Car Accident?
If you have a catastrophic car accident injury, you may be entitled to significant benefits from the insurance company. Some people come away from a car accident without any significant injuries, while others can sustain life-threatening injuries and be permanently disabled. For those catastrophically injured from a car accident, medical bills might be piling high […]