If you are injured in a car accident, the cost of hiring a lawyer can be a significant concern. The good news is that we represent clients on a contingency fee basis. With a contingency fee, you do not need to have any money to hire your lawyer. You will only pay your lawyer a fee equal to a percentage of the money that your lawyer gets for you. You will have to reimburse your lawyer for any case expenses that they advanced for you, such as the cost for experts or copies of your medical records. In many cases, you pay this out of your share of any case recovery. The bottom line is that your lawyer is paid no fee unless he recovers money for you.
A contingency fee arrangement can be a good option because you do not have to pay attorney fees up front or out-of-pocket. Contingency fees can provide access to high quality legal services regardless of how much money you have. Additionally, your attorney takes on the risk of representation and invests his or her time into your case. If your attorney is not successful in recovering funds for you, your attorney loses too. Compare this to an hourly fee arrangement in which you would have to pay your lawyer up front without regardless of whether your lawyer recovers funds for you.
Still, even with a contingency arrangement, if funds are recovered, you will pay your attorney a percentage of the recovery. It is important that you understand the arrangement. You also want to make sure that you and your lawyer are a good fit for each other. Read the agreement carefully before you sign it. If it is not clear to you, here are some good questions to ask your potential lawyer:
- What percentage of the recovered funds will the lawyer be paid?
- What types of expenses does the lawyer anticipate incurring on your case? The attorney will not be able to predict the dollar amount with certainty, but the attorney should be able to discuss the types of expenses that are typically incurred in a case like yours.
- Do you have to pay expenses up front, or only out of your share of any recovery?
- When can you expect case updates?
Most car accident lawyers do not charge for a FREE consultation, during which the lawyer learns more about your situation, and determines whether he or she can help you. Contact Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick today for a free consultation. We represent car accident clients on a contingency basis, which means they do not need to pay us any money up front or out-of-pocket. Call or email us now to learn how we can help you.« Return to the Car Accident Resource Center
- How do I pay for medical bills after a car accident?
- When should I make a claim for my car accident injuries?
- Do I need a Car Accident Lawyer?
- The insurance company is calling me and sending me letters, should I speak with them?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »