• New Look Coming Soon! – Check back for our new website!

Adjust Font Size:

Make a claimEach case is different.  It is a good idea to get a lawyer as soon as you can after you are injured in a car accident.  Your lawyer should make your personal injury claim.  Your lawyer should evaluate your situation and discuss with you whether, when, and how to communicate with the insurance company.  You should not delay in speaking with an experienced car accident lawyer.  Waiting too long to give an insurance company notice of your claim could actually hurt your claim.  The insurance company has a right to investigate the accident and your claim before it pays anything.  If you wait too long, your injuries might heal or evidence could get destroyed.  As a result, the insurance company may pay you less or deny your claim altogether.

Your attorney will be able to contact the insurance company for you about your injuries and make your claim.  Below, we have given you some things to consider and discuss with your attorney.
Your lawyer will typically put the insurance company on notice of your claim soon after you are injured.

This usually includes basic information such as the date and location of the accident, the names of the people involved, an explanation of what happened, and a description of your injuries.  Your lawyer may want to do some basic, initial, investigation before giving notice of your claim.  This usually starts with obtaining the police or crash report.  It is often available within a few days after the accident.  The police report should include the officer’s observations at the scene, information about traffic tickets or citation(s) issued, witness statements and a statement from the person who hit you.

In addition to noticing a claim against the insurance company for the person who injured you, your attorney may talk to you about noticing a claim against your own insurance company.  Even if you were not at fault for the accident, your own insurance company has a right to investigate your claim.  Your insurance policy may provide you with medical coverage and if the person who injured you does not have insurance, or enough insurance, your insurer might be liable to pay you uninsured / underinsured motorist benefits. Your insurance policy may include a time limit on how long you have to report a car accident.  Failure to comply with these deadlines might result in a claim denial.

Contact CCK for a FREE consultation

The experienced personal injury lawyers of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick have years of experience helping car accident victims recover money for their injuries.  Located in Providence, Rhode Island, CCK has a nationwide practice fighting for the rights of the injured and disabled.  Whether representing seriously injured accident victims, or loved ones in wrongful death claims, our dedicated team delivers a high level of personalized service.

It will not cost you anything to contact Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick to see if they can help you.  We represent car accident clients on a contingency basis, which means they do not need to pay us any money out-of-pocket.  Call or email us now to learn how we can help you.



  • It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More » K. Nade, October 2017
  • These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More » Anonymous, October 2017
  • I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More » C. Marie, September 2017
  • My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More » Edward M., September 2017
  • We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More » Anonymous, September 2017
  • I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More » Gene W., July 2017
  • I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More » Sarah C., June 2017
  • I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More » Raul B., March 2017
  • Badge
  • Badge
  • Badge
  • Badge
  • Badge
  • Badge
  • Badge
To Top
Click to call
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages