After a car accident, the insurance companies are going to want to speak with you and take recorded statements to get your side of the story as to how the accident occurred and to learn more about your injuries. You should speak with an experienced car accident lawyer before you have this call. Here are some things to consider:
- Don’t feel under pressure to take the insurance adjuster’s call on their time table. Let them leave you a message. It is best that you speak with the insurance company when you are prepared and have about 20 minutes to speak on the phone without distraction. If the insurance company gets you on the phone, and you are not ready to speak, you can tell them that “this is not a good time and that you will have to call them back”. Don’t wait too long though. Waiting too long to give an insurance company information about your injuries can actually hurt your claim.
- You should speak with a lawyer before you speak with the insurance company. Insurance adjusters want to pay you the least amount of money possible for your injuries. You deserve fair compensation. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you avoid mistakes and get fair compensation for your injuries.
- As soon as possible, take a few minutes to collect your thoughts on what you have gone through with the accident; write it down if you have to. This will help you communicate more effectively with your lawyer and, if you need to, the insurance company. Car accidents can be very upsetting. It is a good exercise to reflect on the following:
- how the accident occurred;
- what happened to you at the time of impact;
- how you felt during and after impact;
- what treatment you needed;
- what injuries you sustained;
- are your injuries permanent; and
- how your injuries impact your life.
- Read the police report. Is it complete, or is it missing important information? Are there any inaccuracies? Discuss any concerns that you have about the police report with your lawyer as soon as possible.
If you were injured in a car accident, and have made sure that you are safe, you should get an attorney. An experienced car accident lawyer can preserve and collect evidence that you need to prove your personal injury claim. A lawyer can handle the insurance company for you. Contact Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick now for a FREE consultation to learn how we can help you. We represent car accident clients on a contingency basis, which means you do not need to pay us any money out-of-pocket. Call or email us now to learn how we can help you.« Return to the Car Accident Resource Center
- How do I pay for medical bills after a car accident?
- What to do after a car accident?
- Do I need a Car Accident Lawyer?
- How much does it cost to hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »