Did another party’s negligence cause you or a loved one to suffer serious or fatal injuries in a car accident? You can — and should — hold that party liable for your injury costs and other accident-related losses. Unfortunately, the other party’s insurer will likely fight you tooth and nail to avoid paying you what you deserve.
However, you do not need to handle the claims process alone. You have a car accident lawyer serving Barrington, RI in your corner. To learn more about how the car accident team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can help you with your claim, call us at 401-331-6300 for a free consultation.
Our Attorneys Fight for You Every Step of the Way
When you hire Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, you become a member of our family. We provide our clients with personalized service and powerful advocacy to protect their rights and work to maximize compensation for their injuries.
As a client, our team would handle all aspects of your claim, such as:
- Conducting a comprehensive investigation of your accident;
- Identifying all potentially responsible parties;
- Gathering evidence proving liability, e.g., accident reports, photo and video evidence, witness interviews;
- Negotiating with the insurance company;
- Filing a lawsuit and trying your case in front of a jury, if necessary.
While all that is happening behind the scenes (but with you always in the loop), our support staff takes the day-to-day post-accident stress off your shoulders.
After your crash, you should be taking care of yourself and recovering. To take a bit of the burden off your shoulders, we can help you understand and fill out any paperwork you might receive. We also respond to calls and emails quickly, so you are never left waiting to get an answer to your question or an update on the status of your claim.
Our clients are our focus. We show how valuable you are to us with our commitment to service.
Negotiating with the Insurance Company Is Tough, But We Are Tougher
Getting compensation for car accident damages almost always requires going through the insurance company. Whether dealing with the other driver’s insurer or your own, the process is rarely ever easy.
While their TV ads lead you to believe they are always there for you, eager to bestow generosity in your time of need, insurance companies actually have strong incentives to pay you as little as possible. If they can get away with it, they might even deny your claim outright.
If the insurance company knows you have a valid claim, it might call as quickly as possible after an accident, offering a fast settlement and enticing you by saying they can get a check in the mail right away.
For many victims, already stressed over looming medical bills and missed work, the thought of a quick settlement is too tempting to pass up.
But if you settle with the insurance company without speaking to a lawyer first, you could end up leaving money on the table.
We Fight for the Compensation for Which You Are Eligible
A typical insurance company settlement offer pays for only a few types of damages — the medical bills you have already incurred and a portion of your lost wages.
And this might seem like a hefty settlement if you are staring at a stack of bills that is quickly growing. However, you might be entitled to any of the following beyond your current medical bills:
- Anticipated future medical bills (perhaps even for life);
- Lost income from work;
- Reduced capacity to earn a living;
- Pain and suffering, emotional anguish, development of mental disorders (anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc.), and loss of consortium.
We can even help you recover the above damages if you were partly at fault for the accident. Under Rhode Island’s comparative liability law, drivers who share liability for an accident can still file a claim against the other driver’s insurance company. However, your percentage of fault would lower your potential settlement. For example, if you were 20 percent at fault, then your recovery might be limited to 80 percent of your total damages.
For a Free Consultation With a Member of the CCK Team, Call 401-331-6300 Today
The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick personal injury team looks forward to discussing your case with you and helping you maximize your compensation. To schedule a free consultation with one of our team members and learn more about our process, call 401-331-6300.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »