Car Accident Lawyer Serving Westerly, RI
If you were recently involved in a car accident, it is normal to feel scared and uncertain of what is to come. The days and weeks that follow an accident can present various unique challenges. If you are like many car accident victims, you might be feeling anxious about any of the following:
- How to pay your mounting medical bills;
- When and if you will be able to return to work;
- Whether you can recover compensation if someone else was at-fault
- How to prove the other driver was at-fault;
- Handling the negotiations with the insurance company.
Instead of worrying about holding the other driver liable and obtaining compensation, your focus should be on recovering from your injuries. But it is hard to do that with so many worries looming in your head. A car accident lawyer serving Westerly, RI at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can handle the legalities while you attend to your health.
Our attorneys take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and devise a strategy that best suits your needs.
Let Our Team Help Maximize Your Compensation
Facing off against the insurance company without legal representation can be a difficult task. The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD team helps in several important ways:
We Know How to Take on the Insurance Company
Your compensation is most likely to come from the insurance company of the person that injured you and possibly from your own insurance company. The challenge is making sure the insurers pay you the compensation you deserve.
For all their advertising rhetoric about being there for customers in times of need, car insurance companies tend to put forth great effort in paying as little as possible to accident victims. Keeping payouts low helps their profits remain high.
One way they do this is by offering a quick settlement that many injured parties do not know is likely much less than they deserve.
We Have an Intimate Knowledge of Rhode Island Insurance Laws
Rhode Island follows something known as a comparative negligence law. This law dictates what happens if more than one driver shares fault for an accident.
Under Rhode Island’s law, you can still pursue the other driver for compensation even if you were partly at-fault. But the amount you are eligible to receive is reduced by the percentage of your contribution to the accident. Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD fights to get you the fairest and most comprehensive settlement.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Works to Maximize Your Compensation
Most people know they can recover compensation for their injuries and maybe the time they needed to take off work. However, there are other damages to which you might be entitled. Upon taking your case, one of the first things we do is conduct a full investigation into your accident. This helps us identify all responsible parties as well as determine the damages for which you deserve compensation.
A Rhode Island car accident claim might include any of the following damages:
- Medical costs: We seek damages not only for the medical bills you have already incurred but also for those we can reasonably anticipate you to incur in the future. Some car accident injuries require lifetime care. The responsible party, not you, should be liable for the costs of these injuries.
- Missed work: Car accident injuries can force you to spend time away from work as you recover. Some victims are unable to return to the same position they had before or might need to retire from the workforce. We pursue compensation for all lost wages as well as your lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: We aggressively pursue compensation for your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
Call 401-331-6300 Today for a Free Consultation
The personal injury lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD serve your area and are ready to fight for what you deserve. Call for a free consultation today: 401-331-6300 to see if we can help you.
Westerly Blog Posts
- What To Do If You Are in a Car Accident in Rhode Island
Approximately 6 million car accidents occur in the United States each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA). Although no one plans to be in a car accident, it is important to be prepared with information as to how to handle it in the event that a crash occurs. It is important […]
- 5 Most Common Car Accident Injuries
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly 2.5 million people were injured in automobile accidents in 2015. Car accidents occur every day across the United States. Some injuries sustained from car accidents may not require medical attention, whereas others may warrant immediate treatment or are life-threatening. Car accident injuries vary depending on a […]
- Do I Need a Lawyer If I Got Catastrophic Injuries In a Car Accident?
If you have a catastrophic car accident injury, you may be entitled to significant benefits from the insurance company. Some people come away from a car accident without any significant injuries, while others can sustain life-threatening injuries and be permanently disabled. For those catastrophically injured from a car accident, medical bills might be piling high […]