Car Accident Lawyer Serving Westerly, RI
If you were recently involved in a car accident, it is normal to feel scared and uncertain of what is to come. The days and weeks that follow an accident can present various unique challenges. If you are like many car accident victims, you might be feeling anxious about any of the following:
- How to pay your mounting medical bills;
- When and if you will be able to return to work;
- Whether you can recover compensation if someone else was at-fault
- How to prove the other driver was at-fault;
- Handling the negotiations with the insurance company.
Instead of worrying about holding the other driver liable and obtaining compensation, your focus should be on recovering from your injuries. But it is hard to do that with so many worries looming in your head. A car accident lawyer serving Westerly, RI at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can handle the legalities while you attend to your health.
Our attorneys take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and devise a strategy that best suits your needs.
Let Our Team Help Maximize Your Compensation
Facing off against the insurance company without legal representation can be a difficult task. The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD team helps in several important ways:
We Know How to Take on the Insurance Company
Your compensation is most likely to come from the insurance company of the person that injured you and possibly from your own insurance company. The challenge is making sure the insurers pay you the compensation you deserve.
For all their advertising rhetoric about being there for customers in times of need, car insurance companies tend to put forth great effort in paying as little as possible to accident victims. Keeping payouts low helps their profits remain high.
One way they do this is by offering a quick settlement that many injured parties do not know is likely much less than they deserve.
We Have an Intimate Knowledge of Rhode Island Insurance Laws
Rhode Island follows something known as a comparative negligence law. This law dictates what happens if more than one driver shares fault for an accident.
Under Rhode Island’s law, you can still pursue the other driver for compensation even if you were partly at-fault. But the amount you are eligible to receive is reduced by the percentage of your contribution to the accident. Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD fights to get you the fairest and most comprehensive settlement.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Works to Maximize Your Compensation
Most people know they can recover compensation for their injuries and maybe the time they needed to take off work. However, there are other damages to which you might be entitled. Upon taking your case, one of the first things we do is conduct a full investigation into your accident. This helps us identify all responsible parties as well as determine the damages for which you deserve compensation.
A Rhode Island car accident claim might include any of the following damages:
- Medical costs: We seek damages not only for the medical bills you have already incurred but also for those we can reasonably anticipate you to incur in the future. Some car accident injuries require lifetime care. The responsible party, not you, should be liable for the costs of these injuries.
- Missed work: Car accident injuries can force you to spend time away from work as you recover. Some victims are unable to return to the same position they had before or might need to retire from the workforce. We pursue compensation for all lost wages as well as your lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering: We aggressively pursue compensation for your physical and emotional pain and suffering.
Call 401-331-6300 Today for a Free Consultation
The personal injury lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD serve your area and are ready to fight for what you deserve. Call for a free consultation today: 401-331-6300 to see if we can help you.
Westerly Blog Posts
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Rhode Island
Helmet use among motorcyclists has been shown to decrease injury and mortality rates in the event of a motorcycle traffic accident. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Administration, helmets saved the lives of over 1,600 people involved in motorcycle crashes in 2013. Those who are not wearing a helmet when involved in a […]
- Will My Car Accident Case Go to Court?
Most car accident personal injury claims settle before going to trial in court, but not all do. A car accident case may go to court if the parties, you and the insurance company, cannot agree to settle your claim. This can happen if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement or if the […]
- Rhode Island Speeding Law Violations
Many people drive over the speed limit and risk accident and injury to the drivers around them, and themselves. Although speeding can seem harmless, it can cause serious injury and damage in the event of a crash. If you were in a car accident where someone violated a Rhode Island speeding law, you may be […]