Car Accident Lawyer Serving Smithfield, RI
If you feel scared and uncertain after your car accident, you are not alone. Such feelings are normal and are experienced by most accident victims, particularly those with serious injuries. Aside from the physical pain you might be experiencing, you also must deal with financial worries, paperwork, and a host of other things before your life returns to normal.
You probably have lots of questions about what to expect in the coming weeks:
- How long will it take me to receive a settlement?
- How much is my claim worth?
- If my medical bills are due before I get my settlement, how will I pay them?
- What if the insurance company reduces or denies my claim?
- How do I prove the other driver was responsible?
The list of concerns shared by car accident victims is truly endless. A Smithfield, RI car accident lawyer can help you address all of them and can help you win the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Starting with our free consultation, the accident team at Chisholm Chisholm Kilpatrick LTD will take the time to listen to you and get to know you as a client.
Call for your free consultation today: 401-331-6300.
We Fight for Compensation for Rhode Island Car Accident Victims
Do you know how much your car accident claim is worth? Without an investigation into your accident, determining your total damages can be difficult. That is why accepting the insurance company’s first offer is often a bad idea. It often pays significantly less than what you are qualified to receive.
Our team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick wants to help you win every dollar you deserve. We start the process by investigating your accident. We identify the responsible party or parties and then gather evidence to prove their liability.
From there, we begin the process of negotiating a settlement. Typically, this involves dealing with the insurance company, often the most difficult and complex part of the process. Gathering the evidence needed to prove your case at trial is the way to convince the insurance company to pay more for your injuries. The insurance company has a vested interest in paying less, but we handle the negotiation aggressively and work to maximize your recovery.
What damages can you expect to win in a typical car accident claim?
Typical Car Accident Settlement Amounts:
- Medical bills: This can include hospital bills, doctor copays, surgical costs, physical therapy, rehabilitation, medical devices, modifications to your home, and more. We pursue both the costs you have incurred already and your expected future expenses.
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity: We seek compensation for any wages you have been unable to earn due to missing work while recovering. We can even seek long-term compensation if you return to your job but cannot do the same work as before, reducing your income.
- Pain and suffering: You can win noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering. To determine how much in pain and suffering damages to demand from the insurance company, we consider the severity of the accident, the nature of your injuries, and the fear, pain and disruption to your life that the accident and the resulting injuries caused you.
- Burial or funeral expenses: If your loved one died as a result of car accident injuries, we can pursue claims for wrongful death under Rhode Island’s Wrongful Death Act I.G.L. § 10-7-1 et seq. and recover money damages from the responsible party or parties.
We Take on the Insurance Company and Work Hard to Maximize Your Recovery
Do not agree to settle with the insurance company before speaking with a lawyer. The insurance company is likely going to try to entice you. Its representatives will call, sometimes soon after the crash. The rep will ask many questions — most meant to help the insurer find reasons to reduce or deny your claim.
To get you on board with accepting its settlement offer, the insurance company might offer to pay you fast. Perhaps it can get a check in the mail this week. With bills piling up, fast money can sound tempting. But by accepting it, you could be leaving thousands of dollars or more on the table, money that you deserve and is rightfully yours.
Call 401-331-6300 for a Free Consultation Today
The personal injury legal team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD serves the Smithfield area and wants to help you win the compensation you deserve. For a free consultation to discuss your car accident claim, call 401-331-6300.
Smithfield Blog Posts
- Do I Need a Lawyer If I Got Catastrophic Injuries In a Car Accident?
If you have a catastrophic car accident injury, you may be entitled to significant benefits from the insurance company. Some people come away from a car accident without any significant injuries, while others can sustain life-threatening injuries and be permanently disabled. For those catastrophically injured from a car accident, medical bills might be piling high […]
- What Are the Rhode Island Car Seat Laws?
Rhode Island car seat laws are outlined in Rhode Island General Law § 31-22-22, and encompass child restraint and child passenger safety requirements. The law has a lot of detail and is an important read for anyone who transports children in a motor vehicle. Here are a few points to get you started in understanding […]
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in Rhode Island
Helmet use among motorcyclists has been shown to decrease injury and mortality rates in the event of a motorcycle traffic accident. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Administration, helmets saved the lives of over 1,600 people involved in motorcycle crashes in 2013. Those who are not wearing a helmet when involved in a […]