If you feel scared and uncertain after your car accident, you are not alone. Such feelings are normal and are experienced by most accident victims, particularly those with serious injuries. Aside from the physical pain you might be experiencing, you also must deal with financial worries, paperwork, and a host of other things before your life returns to normal.
You probably have lots of questions about what to expect in the coming weeks:
- How long will it take me to receive a settlement?
- How much is my claim worth?
- If my medical bills are due before I get my settlement, how will I pay them?
- What if the insurance company reduces or denies my claim?
- How do I prove the other driver was responsible?
The list of concerns shared by car accident victims is truly endless. A car accident lawyer serving Smithfield, RI can help you address all of them and can help you win the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Starting with our free consultation, the accident team at Chisholm Chisholm Kilpatrick LTD will take the time to listen to you and get to know you as a client.
Call for your free consultation today: 401-331-6300.
We Fight for Compensation for Rhode Island Car Accident Victims
Do you know how much your car accident claim is worth? Without an investigation into your accident, determining your total damages can be difficult. That is why accepting the insurance company’s first offer is often a bad idea. It often pays significantly less than what you are qualified to receive.
Our team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick wants to help you win every dollar you deserve. We start the process by investigating your accident. We identify the responsible party or parties and then gather evidence to prove their liability.
From there, we begin the process of negotiating a settlement. Typically, this involves dealing with the insurance company, often the most difficult and complex part of the process. Gathering the evidence needed to prove your case at trial is the way to convince the insurance company to pay more for your injuries. The insurance company has a vested interest in paying less, but we handle the negotiation aggressively and work to maximize your recovery.
What damages can you expect to win in a typical car accident claim? Many car accident settlements include compensation for some or all the following:
- Medical bills: This can include hospital bills, doctor copays, surgical costs, physical therapy, rehabilitation, medical devices, modifications to your home, and more. We pursue both the costs you have incurred already and your expected future expenses.
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity: We seek compensation for any wages you have been unable to earn due to missing work while recovering. We can even seek long-term compensation if you return to your job but cannot do the same work as before, reducing your income.
- Pain and suffering: You can win noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering. To determine how much in pain and suffering damages to demand from the insurance company, we consider the severity of the accident, the nature of your injuries, and the fear, pain and disruption to your life that the accident and the resulting injuries caused you.
- Burial or funeral expenses: If your loved one died as a result of car accident injuries, we can pursue claims for wrongful death under Rhode Island’s Wrongful Death Act I.G.L. § 10-7-1 et seq. and recover money damages from the responsible party or parties.
We Take on the Insurance Company and Work Hard to Maximize Your Recovery
Do not agree to settle with the insurance company before speaking with a lawyer. The insurance company is likely going to try to entice you. Its representatives will call, sometimes soon after the crash. The rep will ask many questions — most meant to help the insurer find reasons to reduce or deny your claim.
To get you on board with accepting its settlement offer, the insurance company might offer to pay you fast. Perhaps it can get a check in the mail this week. With bills piling up, fast money can sound tempting. But by accepting it, you could be leaving thousands of dollars or more on the table, money that you deserve and is rightfully yours.
Call 401-331-6300 for a Free Consultation Today
The personal injury legal team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD serves the Smithfield area and wants to help you win the compensation you deserve. For a free consultation to discuss your car accident claim, call 401-331-6300.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »