If a negligent driver injured you in a car accident, they should be responsible for the damages you have suffered. However, that driver’s insurance company may not be willing to give you the compensation you deserve. A car accident lawyer serving Newport, RI at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can help you level the playing field and guide you through the claims process.
Call 401-331-6300 for a free consultation today.
Damages You May Recover After a Car Accident
When a car accident happens, the effects can be devastating. If you suffer from physical injuries, you may be unable to work or support your family. The emotional stress of being involved in a traumatic accident can also keep you from enjoying your life.
You may be entitled to compensation for any of the following:
- Medical bills related to your injuries (e.g., emergency transport, physical therapy, X-rays, or MRIs)
- Equipment, such as a wheelchair
- Prescription drug costs
- Loss of income and earning capacity
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium if your spouse was injured or killed
You may not be immediately aware of all your damages. For example, you may experience minor neck pain after your accident and assume it is a minor case of whiplash. You may discover later that your neck pain was actually a sign of nerve damage or another more serious medical issue.
We can assist you in determining all your damages from your car accident. The insurance companies may try to offer you too small a settlement for your physical injuries. CCK’s car accident attorneys will work to maximize your recovery for your damages.
Why You Want a Car Accident Attorney on Your Side
You may feel confident that you can file a claim with the insurance company and receive appropriate compensation for your injuries. But are you sure that you are not making any legal errors or missing out on additional damages for which you should receive compensation?
The insurance company has experts on their side. They deal with car accident claims every day, and their goal is to pay you as little as possible to settle your claim.
We can help make sure that you do not leave money on the table or make mistakes that could cost you. Instead of talking to the insurance company yourself, our attorneys can handle that for you. We also know what evidence they are expecting to see and how to get it.
The claims process can be complex and frustrating. Our personal injury lawyers can deal with all the back-and-forth communications with the insurance company, which can go on for months.
Get Help Navigating the Claims Process
You may have already received a call from the insurance adjuster. They want to talk to you about your accident, and you are not sure what you should say. Of course, you are going to tell the truth, but do you know how to quantify your damages for pain and suffering? Do you understand the questions that you are being asked and the reason for them? DO NOT feel pressured to talk to the insurance adjuster before you are ready. You should speak to an experienced car accident attorney first.
Talk to your attorney before you agree to a recorded statement. We can help you prepare your thoughts and let you know what questions the insurance adjuster will ask. These conversations often follow a familiar script and we can let you know what is coming before it happens.
We handle car accident cases on a contingency basis. That means that you do not pay any money out-of-pocket for legal fees. We are only paid if you recover compensation.
Our attorneys can help you with many different aspects of the claims process, including the following:
- Handling verbal and written communications with the insurance company on your behalf
- Gathering evidence to support your claim, such as medical proof of your injuries and disabilities caused by the accident
- Maximizing your recovery by determining all your damages related to the accident
- Preparing your case for trial, if necessary
The majority of car accident cases never go to trial. But if the insurance company knows you are willing to go to court, it may offer you a better settlement to avoid the costs of heading to court.
Just the fact that you have a car accident attorney can change how the insurance company views your case. They know they will not be able to offer you a lowball settlement offer and send you on your way.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney Serving Newport, Rhode Island
Do not wait too long to contact our team. It is often better to file your claim shortly after your accident when your memory is fresh and evidence is easier to locate.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »