After a Central Falls car accident, you might be experiencing a lot of emotions — fear, uncertainty about what comes next, even anger. Between the pain and the financial concerns, it is normal to feel alone and confused after an accident.
However, our team is with you. A car accident lawyer serving Central Falls, RI can help you recover the compensation you need to pay your bills and keep your family afloat during this difficult time.
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our job is to protect accident victims, help them win compensation, and handle the legal process and paperwork on their behalf.
We have helped many Rhode Island clients maximize their compensation. We can help you too. The initial consultation is free, and you will not pay us until we win money for you. Call us today for your free consultation: 401-331-6300.
CCK Helps You Navigate the Claims Process
The aftermath of an accident is stressful. Our team works to help eliminate that stress by handling as much of the process as possible.
We Handle Your Claim and Accident Minutiae
The to-do list that follows a car accident can be long and imposing. It might include items such as:
- Attending doctor appointments;
- Fielding insurance company calls;
- Filling out paperwork;
- Getting car repair estimates;
- Shopping for a replacement for a totaled vehicle;
- Filing for short-term disability if you have to miss work.
Looking at that list can be overwhelming, especially when you should be focused on your health and recovery. Our team not only helps you win the compensation you deserve but also helps cut down your to-do list and take stress off your shoulders. In fact, we employ a support staff whose job is to assist clients with understanding and filling out paperwork.
We Take Over All Insurance Company Negotiations
Once we take your case, we become the point of contact for insurance companies, the other driver, and anyone else needing information about the accident.
Communicating and negotiating with the insurance company are often the most stressful and frustrating tasks injured parties must handle after a car accident. This does not matter if you are talking with your own insurer or the other driver’s.
If the insurance company can come up with a justifiable reason to deny or reduce your claim, it will. And its reps can be very skilled at extracting statements from you that compromise the value of your claim. Contact us before you speak with the insurance company.
In addition to taking over communications with the insurer, we will also take over negotiations. This is exactly what the insurer does not want to happen.
If you get a call from the insurer right after the accident, and it is offering to settle quickly, let them know you need to run the offer by your attorney, then call us right away. By accepting the offer the insurance company puts in front of you, you risk leaving thousands — or more — on the table.
We Fight to Maximize Your Compensation
R.I.G.L. § 9-20-4, also known as Rhode Island’s comparative negligence law, allows you to recover compensation even if you contributed to the accident. However, it also allows the other side to decrease your recovery by your percentage of fault (e.g., you request $40,000 for your damages, you were 10 percent at-fault, the most that you could receive is 90 percent of your demand, $36,000).
The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Team Fights for All Types of Damages
Do you know what damages you are eligible for after a car accident? If you accept the insurance company’s initial offer, you might receive compensation for your current medical bills and not much else.
When we negotiate on behalf of our clients, we fight for an entire suite of damages, which could include some or all of the following:
- Both current and expected future medical bills;
- Lost income from work and reduced capacity to earn;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional anguish;
- Loss of consortium.
Call 401-331-6300 Today for a Free Consultation
The personal injury lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD serve the Central Falls, RI area and want to help you maximize your compensation. For a free consultation with a member of the CCK team, call 401-331-6300 today.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »