A car accident can leave you feeling scared and alone, all while dealing with serious injuries. You might have many worries in the days and weeks that follow. You are likely wondering:
- How will I pay my medical bills?
- How will I make a living if my injuries keep me out of work?
- Can I recover compensation from the other driver if he or she caused the crash?
- What if the other driver sues me, claiming the wreck was my fault?
- Should I take the settlement the insurance company offers me?
- Do I need a lawyer?
A car accident lawyer serving North Kingston, RI can take some of this off your plate. The accident team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD fights on behalf of car accident victims. We protect your rights and help maximize your damage compensation. We want you to focus on what matters: recovering and getting your life back.
If you are worried about whether you can afford a lawyer, we not only offer a free initial consultation, if we represent you, we won’t charge you a dime until we get you compensation. And even then, you pay us only a percentage of the money we recover for you. For your free consultation, call our office today at 401-331-6300.
We Can Help You Establish Liability and Win Damages
Once we take a case, we start by conducting a thorough investigation. Depending on the case, we can look at police reports, examine the accident scene, study surveillance photos and video, interview witnesses, reconstruct the accident, and consult with expert witnesses. By doing so, we can identify all responsible parties and compile substantial evidence proving their liability.
This investigation also helps us determine the value of your claim. Several types of damages comprise the typical car accident settlement. You might be entitled to any of the following:
We seek compensation not only for your current medical bills but also for the bills that we anticipate you will incur in the future. Depending on the scope of your injuries, this could mean for the rest of your life. If the insurance company offers you money, the settlement offer might include only current medical bills. Where appropriate, we fight for much, much more.
You may be entitled to compensation if your injury prevented you from working and caused you to miss time from work. Even if you had to use vacation time and did not lose money out of your paycheck, you should be compensated for those days because you were dealing with the accident injuries caused by the person who hit you, and not enjoying time off from work. We will determine the value of your lost wages and fight to recover that compensation.
Reduced Earning Capacity
A severe injury can impact your ability to work long-term. You might have to return to your job but in a lesser capacity or work fewer hours. If so, and if this affects your income, we seek compensation for the difference in what you are earning and what you should be earning.
Pain and Suffering
In addition to economic damages (such as lost wages and medical bills), you can also win noneconomic damages for pain and suffering. To determine how much in pain and suffering damages to demand from the insurance company, we consider the severity of the accident, the nature of your injuries, and the fear, pain, and disruption to your life that the accident and the resulting injuries caused you.
We Have What It Takes to Fight the Insurance Companies
Often, the biggest challenge standing between a Rhode Island car accident victim and a fair settlement is not the other driver or the legal system but the insurance company — either yours or the other driver’s.
You buy car insurance to protect you in situations just like this. But the insurance company has a vested interest in denying or reducing claims whenever they can. That way, they pay out less and their profits are higher.
If the insurance company calls and offers a quick settlement, be wary. Consult with a lawyer at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD before signing anything. Insurance company settlement offers can be meager and may not cover even close to everything to which you are entitled.
We Can Help You Even if You Were Partially at Fault
Rhode Island’s negligence laws let you collect from the other party even if you were partially at fault. The state follows a comparative liability rule. If you were, say, 20 percent at fault, then your damages might simply drop by 20 percent. That might mean that $50,000 in potentially recoverable damages would be reduced to $40,000.
Our attorneys serve clients all over Rhode Island and know how to navigate its injury and insurance laws. We strive to establish the other party’s liability and maximize your potential for compensation.
For a Free Consultation with a Member of the CCK Team, Call 401-331-6300 Today
The personal injury team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD is located in Rhode Island and wants to speak with you today. We protect our clients’ rights and work to maximize their compensation. For your free consultation, call us at 401-331-6300.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »