Were you recently involved in a car crash? The weeks that follow a serious car accident can be fraught with worry and concern, and it is normal to feel scared and uncertain. If you were injured in the crash, your stress could be compounded by physical pain and suffering.
You should be focusing on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back. But with so many financial concerns swirling in your head, not to mention proving liability for the crash, it can be hard to do so. The paperwork and phone calls alone can be enough to overwhelm you. A car accident lawyer serving Bristol, RI can help.
The personal injury lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can help take the stress off your shoulders. We understand the unique laws in Rhode Island and how to navigate them. For a free consultation, call 401-331-6300 today.
We Handle Your Car Accident Claim from Beginning to End
A car accident claim in Rhode Island can be a lengthy, complex process. By trying to tackle it on your own, not only do you risk oppressive levels of stress, but you might get saddled with a settlement that pays nowhere near what you deserve.
When you work with Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, we strive to take the stress off your shoulders and get you fair compensation as quickly as possible.
Our process for handling car accident claims typically proceeds as follows.
Our first objective is to investigate the crash itself. We do this for a couple of reasons. One, we want to be sure we identify all responsible parties. Chances are, the other driver is the one primarily responsible. But other parties might share liability as well, e.g., a car manufacturer for a product defect.
Next, we gather evidence proving liability. The more evidence we have, the more straightforward it is to make our case. Depending on the case, we obtain:
- Physical evidence
- Witness statements
- Surveillance video
- And more
Then, we negotiate aggressively with the insurance company to maximize your settlement. That is sometimes the most challenging part of a car accident case. The insurance company has a financial incentive to pay as little as possible to accident victims. Those who settle with the insurance company on their own often find this out the hard way when they end up with a settlement that is too low.
Call the CCK Team Before Taking the Insurance Company’s Call
You can expect to get a call from the insurance company shortly after your accident. In most cases, the insurance adjuster will ask you for a recorded statement. It is best to speak with your lawyer before you speak with the insurance company or give a recorded statement. The insurance company can use anything you say against you.
In other cases, the insurance company might attempt to settle your claim right away. It sounds great at first — a rep calling you and expressing their desire to get a check in the mail as quickly as possible.
But if you accept the offer in front of you, you risk leaving money on the table, often a substantial amount. The insurance company wants to pay you quickly because chances are you do not have a medical prognosis yet. If you find that your injuries are worse than you originally thought, you may not be able to ask for more compensation after you settle.
That is why you should call us before accepting any phone calls from the insurance company. If they get you on the phone, and you are not ready to speak with them, politely take their name, phone number, and company name, and tell them that you will call them back when you are available. Call us right away for a free consultation.
If we work together, our attorneys can take over the negotiation process for you. We will fight tooth and nail to maximize your recovery.
What Can I Recover for My Car Accident Injuries and Losses?
We cannot fully assess your claim’s worth until we have investigated your case. However, you may be entitled to some or all the following:
- Medical bills: We can help you win compensation for both your current and future medical costs.
- Time away from work: If you must miss work while recovering, we help you get paid for the wages you are losing.
- Reduced ability to earn an income: If you cannot return to work at full capacity, we seek damages to make up for the difference in earnings.
- Pain and suffering: You also deserve compensation for the physical and emotional pain you have suffered.
Note: If you contributed to the accident, you may still be entitled to compensation. However, per Rhode Island’s comparative negligence laws, your percentage of fault may decrease your damages. For example, if you were 10 percent at-fault for the accident, you can recover 90 percent of your damages (i.e., $9,000 out of $10,000).
Call 401-331-6300 to Speak with a Member of the CCK Accident Team
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »