If you were injured in a car crash, or someone you love was hurt or killed in an accident, the days ahead can be scary and uncertain. Aside from the physical pain and suffering, the financial concerns from medical bills and lost work can add stress to the equation.
A car accident lawyer serving Warren, RI can protect your rights. The team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD fights on behalf of injured parties in car accident cases. We serve the Warren area and all of Rhode Island, helping our clients maximize their compensation in a car accident claim.
Why You Need to Go to the Doctor After an Accident
You might feel okay at the accident scene. However, the next day you might wake up with pain and stiffness. This can be a sign of injury that requires treatment. You should seek medical treatment as soon as possible after you begin experience symptoms. If you do not go to the doctor within hours or days of the accident, you might be risking your physical health and the right to recover compensation for your injuries.
Why You Should Contact an Attorney from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick As Soon As Possible
Immediately after an accident, your first concern should be getting medical care for yourself and any loved ones involved. Once you have gotten yourself checked out, your next step should be discussing your case with an attorney. There are a few reasons why you might want to contact a lawyer:
The Insurance Company Might Try to Take Advantage of You When You Do Not Have an Attorney
The longer you wait to consult with a lawyer, the more potential problems arise. Car insurance companies, despite their feel-good TV commercials depicting them as eager to help accident victims, want to pay you as little as possible. They might try to entice you with a low-ball settlement offer, promising quick payment.
Time Is Not on Your Side
Important evidence showing how the accident happened disappears quickly. Surveillance videos get recorded over and skid marks fade along with the memories of witness. An experienced car accident attorney can collect and preserve evidence and protect your rights.
Do Not Speak with the Insurance Company Before Talking to Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick
When the insurance company calls the day after an accident, ostensibly to offer help, you should assume that the representative on the phone is looking for a way to deny or reduce your claim. If the insurance company contacts you, take the name and number for the caller, and let them know that someone will be back in touch with them. Then contact us. Let us take the burden of dealing with the insurance company off of your shoulders.
Our Attorneys Will Fight for Your Damages After Your Warren, RI Car Accident
If you become a CCK client, our team will investigate your accident, gather evidence, speak to witnesses, and determine the value of your claim.
Negotiating with an insurance company can be scary and frustrating, especially to someone who is trying to juggle countless other tasks at the same time. In addition to determining the value of your claim, we also fight to maximize the compensation you can recover.
We may be able to recover any or all of the following damages for your accident:
- Current medical bills (e.g., ambulance costs, surgeries, medications, physical therapy, etc.);
- Anticipated future medical bills (e.g., round-the-clock care, in-home care, any medications, any surgeries you might need later, etc.);
- Lost wages;
- Reduced earning capacity (if your injuries require you to work less, take a lesser paying job, or cause you to permanently lose your ability to work);
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of consortium (if your injuries keep you from engaging with your loved ones as you did before).
To Schedule Your Free Consultation with a Warren, RI Car Accident Lawyer, Call 401-331-6300
The personal injury attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD want to start working for you today. For a free consultation with one of our team members serving the Warren area, call us at 401-331-6300.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »