A car accident can leave victims feeling confused, scared, and frustrated, especially when the accident causes serious injuries. The days and weeks that follow can be scary, fraught with anxiety and uncertainty over what happens next. You may be wondering:
- How will you pay your medical bills?
- What happens if your injuries cause you to miss work?
- What if the insurance company offers too little?
- Can I sue the other driver?
- Should I hire a lawyer?
Uncertainty is normal after a car accident. But you do not have to go through it alone. A car accident lawyer serving Middletown, RI can guide you along the way, helping you win the compensation you need.
The team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD has helped many clients get their lives back after a car accident. We want to do the same for your case, putting our knowledge and resources to work for you.
We offer free consultations and a no-win-no-fee guarantee. You do not pay us until we win money for you. Call today for your free consultation: 401-331-6300.
How an Attorney from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Can Help You
Even if you have been in an accident before, it is hard to prepare for the aftermath of a serious crash. If it is your first car accident, you might be at a total loss, wondering how you will ever tackle the items on your ever-expanding to-do list. But help from a CCK car accident attorney is just a phone call away.
Once we get started on your case, we handle the following:
Conducting a Full Investigation
We examine the details of your crash and gather the evidence needed to build a case. We might obtain the accident report, surveillance video, photos of the accident, or statements from eyewitnesses.
Identifying the Responsible Parties
Liability in every accident case is not cut-and-dried. In some cases, multiple parties are at-fault. We will hold any potential liable parties responsible.
Determining a Value for Your Claim and Negotiating with the Insurance Company
We also determine how much your claim might be worth. In almost every accident case, you will be entitled to one or more of the following damages:
- Current and future medical bills: These could include emergency transport costs, surgery costs, medications, physical therapy, emergency room visits, and copays, among others.
- Lost wages and reduced ability to earn: You may be entitled to both current and future lost wages. If you needed to take time off work to recover or attend doctor’s appointments, you deserve compensation for that time off. You also deserve compensation if an accident-related disability forces you to retire or keeps you from returning full-time.
- Pain and suffering: Many accident victims experience much pain and suffering after a crash. You deserve compensation for it. We will review your medical records and listen to how your accident has affected you to determine the value of your pain and suffering.
- Emotional damages: Car accidents can have substantial emotional effects, ranging from anxiety to post-traumatic stress disorder. We can use your therapy bills and records to prove your emotional damages and determine to what they might entitle you.
Once we have determined what your damages are worth, we demand that value from the insurance company. Unfortunately, many insurance companies operate with one goal in mind: to save money. In many cases, this means offering you much less than your demand. We fight tooth and nail to get the insurer to maximize your recovery.
Helping You with Paperwork
After a car accident, you have a lot on your plate. But if you have been injured, you should be focusing on getting better, not on trying to understand and fill out insurance paperwork.
Why the Insurance Company Does Not Want You to Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick
Insurance companies often do what they can to minimize their own payouts after a crash. The last thing the insurance company wants is for you to call a lawyer. A lawyer can help you determine what your claim might be worth and often find damages and insurance coverage that you never knew existed. In some cases, this could double or even triple your damages demand.
That is why insurers often call accident victims shortly after the crash, sometimes as soon as 24 to 48 hours after, to offer to cut you a check. Their goal is to entice you to take their offer before you have determined your prognosis or discussed your case value with an attorney.
Never accept a settlement without running it by a member of the CCK car accident legal team. You could end up leaving thousands on the table.
For a Free Consultation with a Member of the CCK Team, Call 401-331-6300
The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick team is ready to serve you. We want not only to get you the compensation you deserve, but also do what we can to make the process easy and stress-free. For your free consultation, call 401-331-6300.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »