Veteran (VA) Disability Lawyer Serving Mandan, ND
Are you a veteran living in Mandan, North Dakota with a condition related to your military service? If so, you may qualify for compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA offers disability benefits to veterans who submit claims for their service-related conditions.
If VA denied your claim for benefits, a Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick veterans disability lawyer serving Mandan, ND may be able to help you file an appeal. Our team of dedicated attorneys and claims agents has decades of experience helping veterans secure their hard-earned benefits.
Call CCK today at 800-544-9144 to schedule your free case evaluation.
VA Resources in Mandan, North Dakota
There are several VA facilities located near Mandan, North Dakota. Veterans can use this VA tool to find nearby VA resources.
Although there is no VA health facility located in Mandan, North Dakota, there are nearby VA clinics. For example, the Bismarck VA Clinic is located within five miles of the town of Mandan.
The Bismarck VA Clinic provides several medical services to qualifying veterans, including primary and mental health care. It also offers audiology, cardiology, dermatology, nutrition, and specialty care.
The Fargo Regional Office serves veterans across North Dakota, including those living in Mandan. This office administers several VA services, such as disability compensation, Veterans Readiness and Employment (VR&E), information about eligibility for VA benefits and VA health care, outreach programs, and more.
How to Get VA Disability Compensation in Mandan, ND
To qualify for VA disability compensation, disabled veterans living in Mandan, ND must have proof of the following three things:
- An in-service event, injury, or illness;
- A current diagnosis of a disabling condition by a medical professional; and
- A nexus, or link, between the in-service event and disability.
If these criteria are met, VA will assign a disability rating to the veteran’s disabling condition. Disability ratings range from 0 to 100 and increase by increments of 10. Generally, the more severe the symptoms, the higher the rating.
If a veteran has multiple service-connected disabilities, VA “adds” the individual ratings together using VA math to get a combined disability rating. Combined disability ratings determine a veteran’s monthly benefit amount.
VA Disability Compensation Amounts
As of December 1st, 2022 the VA disability rate benefit amounts are as follows:
- 0 percent disability rating: $0.00 per month
- 10 percent disability rating: $165.92 per month
- 20 percent disability rating: $327.99 per month
- 30 percent disability rating: $508.05 per month
- 40 percent disability rating: $731.86 per month
- 50 percent disability rating: $1,041.82 per month
- 60 percent disability rating: $1,319.65 per month
- 70 percent disability rating: $1,663.06 per month
- 80 percent disability rating: $1,933.15 per month
- 90 percent disability rating: $2,172.39 per month
- 100 percent disability rating: $3,621.95 per month
Veterans with at least a 30 percent combined disability rating and one or more dependents may qualify for additional compensation.
What Benefits Does a 100% Disabled Veteran Get in Mandan, ND?
Veterans with a 100 percent disability rating often qualify for additional VA benefits. These include:
- Medical, dental, and mental health care from VA’s Health Care Priority Group 1
- A grant from VA to help build, modify, or buy a specially adapted home to meet a veteran’s needs
- Military identification cards
- Emergency care outside of VA
- State-offered benefits (e.g., vehicle registration)
- Dependents Educational Assistance program
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) services
- And more.
Appealing an Unfavorable VA Rating Decision
If VA denied you disability benefits on your claim, you have the option to file an appeal. There are a few ways to do so:
- Request a Higher-Level Reviewof your current claim by a senior VA employee;
- Submit new and relevant evidence as part of a Supplemental Claim; or
- File a Notice of Disagreementwith the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
A CCK veterans (VA) claims lawyer serving Mandan, ND may be able to help you secure the compensation you deserve. If we take on your case, we can help you fully pursue your claim and get the maximum possible benefits for your condition or situation.
Our team of experienced attorneys and advocates can help you gather supporting evidence (e.g., doctor’s reports, vocational evidence, lay statements, etc.) and file your appeal on your behalf. Our accredited attorneys can also represent veterans before the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
CCK Is Here to Help with Your Appeal
If VA denied your claim, a Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick veterans (VA) lawyer serving Mandan may be able to help you appeal the decision. Reach out to CCK today for a free case evaluation.
Mandan Blog Posts
- VA Disability Compensation for Torn Meniscus
What is a Torn Meniscus? A torn meniscus is a very common knee injury and can be caused by any activity that involves forcefully twisting or rotating your knee (e.g., aggressive pivoting, sudden stops and turns, deep squatting, or lifting something heavy). In older adults, degenerative changes of the knee can also contribute to a […]
- VA Disability Ratings for Cysts Explained
What are Cysts? Cysts are abnormal sacs or bulges, often containing fluid, that can form in the skin or in the body. Although there are many different types, most are not cancerous. Most frequently, cysts can be found in the skin, ovaries, breasts, and kidneys. Forms of Cysts Ganglion Cysts Ganglion cysts occur along with […]
- VA Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) Rates for 2020
What is Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC)? Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) is a tax-free, monthly benefit paid to a surviving spouse, children, and sometimes parents of a veteran whose death was related to military service or a service-connected condition. Survivors are not paid the same monthly amount that the veteran was receiving at their […]